"I got her, old friend"

Unedited*** (sorry for the delay on updates)
Lucy's POV:

    Jenna and I are sitting in the guest room, on the floor folding baby clothes. Paul is laying in the space between us.

    "How was your date?" she asks, taking a sip of her wine, her hand rubbing Paul's little head.

    I laugh, "Not a date. Just some shopping for the baby. Besides that it was good," I grab my wine glass full of apple juice. My doctor recommended it since my iron levels were low at my last appointment.

    "Ahh," Jenna sets down her glass before leaning back against the dresser, "I can tell you this. He was very excited that you and him went out and did stuff." She looks down at the baby clothes, frowning slightly.

    "He's going to be a good dad. Both of you are," a short laugh barely making its way out, "Well good parents. You both will be amazing parents."

    "What's the matter? You usually don't complement Harrison. Are you running a fever?" I press my hand to her forehead as she laughs loudly. We haven't had a girl's night in forever, especially now that I'm currently six months pregnant.

    Jenna shakes her head, "No. Well... Ever since Harrison came over the other day for dinner, all he was talking about was how excited he was to be a dad. The entire dinner, it was either about the baby or you. Nothing bad," her hands go up, "Then after he left Will and I got on the subject of having our own children."

    Her hand goes to her eyes, tears threaten to spill, "He doesn't want kids. Not after what happened the last time. H-he blames himself for the accident, and it's like walking around eggshells when the subject gets brought up."

    I grab her shoulder and give her a long hug, "You guys will figure it out. You both are so young and have time."

"You're right," she pulls back, wiping her eyes, and downs the last of her wine. This is rare for her, the crying part not the wine. She's a tough cookie that holds her emotions until she hits a breaking point, so seeing her cry is hard. Jenna stands up, grabbing her empty glass,

"Let's go get ice cream."

------

    "I saw this really cute wallpaper at the store that would be perfect," I stare at the blank wall, "It had the moon phases and was super cute." I turn to Harrison, who's staring at me in his white t-shirt and paint splattered jeans.

    He shrugs his shoulders, "Whatever you want Luce." I nod and pull out my phone and open the notes app. I start to type in my checklist when my phone starts to buzz. I press the green button and put the phone against my ear.

    "Hello?" nothing, "Who is this?" again, nothing. "This isn't funn-"

    "Hey sweetheart," I drop my phone and turn to when Harrison was, but it's not Harrison speaking.

Braden is standing there, wearing the same clothes Harrison was, "Who called?" I shake my head. This isn't real. It can't be. Absolutely not.

Braden's now suddenly standing face to face with me, "It's rude not to answer someone who's asking you a question?" His hand bolts to my neck, squeezing it hard. I can't breathe. Why is he here? My eyes dart to the door and back to him.