twenty eight

real life

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a fish alive

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a fish alive. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, then I let him go again."

It's not uncommon for Alexa to be singing nursery rhymes when she's cleaning her classroom or when she's home, driving Bria and Shay crazy to the point where they find themselves singing nursery rhymes. Comes with the job, she tells them. It's also not uncommon for her to return home with art projects and pictures that she slowly collects through the school year while she works on the scrapbook she gives to the parents of her students on the last day of school. She already has pictures of the first day of school and one small paper project ready for the scrapbook.

"Why did you let him go? Because he bit my finger so. Which finger did he bite? This little finger on my right"

Alexa continued to sing as she placed the box of glue back in the cabinet. She picked up another box this one filled with colorful pom poms and put it in its place, along with a smaller box of googly eyes.

"1, 2, buckle my shoe. 3, 4, shut the door" she closed the cabinet door and giggled. She turned to fix the chairs at the tables where the kids hastily shoved them, eager to get home to enjoy the weekend after their first week of school. "5, 6, pick up sticks." She picked up a red fuzzy pipe cleaner with two googly eyes glued on. She smiled widely as she continued to sing. "7, 8, lay them straight. 9, 10, begin again"

"1, 2, buckle my shoe. 3, 4, shut the door" once the chairs were fixed, she turned around and just as she was going to continue the song, she jumped and almost dropped the fuzzy googly eyed pipe cleaner. "What are you doing here? How long have you been standing there? What are you doing here?"

"You already asked that" Tony spoke from the open classroom door.

"I'll ask it again, what are you doing here?" she pressed.

"It's Friday" he answered.

"I know" she nodded.

"And it's time for our date"

Happy music stops. "Our what?" She stared at the man wide eyed.

"Don't tell me you forgot. Remember how on Monday I told you that Friday I was gonna pick you up after school for our date?" Tony entered the classroom, eyes trailing over Alexa's pom pom themed outfit. White shirt small colorful pom poms, black pants rolled above the ankle, white sneakers with colorful splatter design and four big fluffy pink pom poms on top of the shoelaces, two pom poms per shoe. Her hair is pulled into a ponytail, with a clear scrunchie with colorful pom poms.

"Wait" Alexa nervously chuckled and twirled the pipe cleaner in her fingers. "You were serious about that?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

She shrugged. "Because I thought you were joking. You sleep with Steve, cuddle Clint, I think you have something going on with Bruce. I just thought flirting was the thing you bring to the group. Like how I bring the variety and Clint chaos. Besides, is Anthony Stark the type to date a kindergarten teacher?"