Chapter 7

Asad walked out to the lawn. He carried some files, as he was walking out, he didn't see in front. As he came out, he bumped into Anayra.

"I am sorry!" Anayra said, as she tried to stand up. She winced in pain, as she saw her knee, it was bleeding. Tears escaped her eyes, and Asad helped her get up.

He looked at her, picked her up in his arms, and took her inside.

"What happened bhai?" Anaya asked, helping him make Anayra lie on the couch.

"She fell down. Get the first aid box! You are fine baby, nothing happened. You are a strong girl right? Don't cry now." He said wiping her tears, she smiled looking at him, to which he smiled back.

"What's your name?" Asad asked, as he bandaged her wound. He was trying to keep her distracted.

"Asad dad, meet my new friend, Anayra!" Ayan said as he sat next to Anayra.

"That's such a cute name, just like you!" He said with a smile. "See you are all fine now! Be careful, while playing okay?" He said, giving the first aid box back to Anaya.

"Thank you." She replied. "Anayra, he is Asad dad, my papa's elder brother!" Ayan introduced.

"What should I call you?" She asked softly, as she tried to sit properly.

"Ayan calls me dad, you can call that too!" He said, helping her to sit.

"Okay dad!" Anayra said, and hearing that a smile appeared on his face.

"I will get some juice for you, Anayra! You sit here and make the project." Anaya said and walked towards the kitchen.

Zehra entered the main hall, and saw Asad playing with Anayra. Seeing her son happy, she smiled. She came and took a seat.

"Anayra, Ayan, you both play, I will leave to go for work." Asad said, as soon as he saw his mother enter.

He knew his mother really well. He usually avoided having a conversation with her. Because it always ended up, to the topic of marriage with Tara.

He was never ready for it, but Zehra wanted to get him married. Asad never moved from what happened before. Still Zehra, found ways to convince him somehow.

Zehra had ruined his happiness enough, to keep him contended ever again. The fact that the person who he loved, had left him, kept troubling him every moment. He trusted her fully, loved her truly and knew that she wouldn't leave him. But it was the truth, and he had to face it.

As Asad looked at Anayra, he had a sense of happiness, as if everything is going to be back to normal. As though the one he loved, would come back. He felt happy being around Anayra. Her smile, her way of talking, her actions, everything about her reminded him of the one he loved.

"Asad, sit for five minutes, Anaya is getting juice, let me see where is she." Zehra said and walked inside.

She saw in the kitchen, but didn't find Anaya. She walked towards her room, and on the way she found the door of the store room open.

"Anaya what are you doing here?" Zehra asked. The albums in her hand fell down, as she saw Zehra entered.

"Actually, I wanted to take some glasses, so I came here. But I found this album, it's Asad bhai's wedding album? So his wif-" anaya said, but got cut off when Zehra spoke.

"Didn't I tell you not to come into this store room, without my permission? You need not see any albums, leave!" She said rudely, taking the album from her.

"Didn't you hear me? I asked you to leave, and just don't come back here, again!" She said, placing the albums back in its place.

•••

"Dad, please don't go to the office today? Once we complete the project, we can play!" Ayan said.

"Not a bad idea, so till you finish your project, I will complete my work, okay? And Anayra, be careful, if you run around, you might get hurt again." Asad said with a smile.

"Our project won't finish today, dad! It will take few days." Anayra replied softly.

"So mama, Anayra will come here everyday?" Ayan asked excitedly, as he saw his mother entering the hall.

"Yes baby, till you finish your project. I will ask her mama, about it!" Anaya said, serving the juice.

"Thank you aunty!" Anayra replied smiling, as she took the glass.

"Your smile reminds me of someone special." Asad said slowly.

"My papa, tells that my smile is like my mama's!" Anayra replied taking a sip of juice from the glass.

"Then I am sure you very much look like your mama."

"Yes, but my eyes are like my papa's. My mama told this to me!" Anayra said, to which Asad smiled.

Anayra made Asad happy by her presence. He felt nice being with her. It was just the first time they had met, but it felt like they were always connected.

How was the chapter? I hope you liked it. Thank you for reading❤️