Part One: Us Against Us

COPYRIGHT DETAILS:

this is an original work, any relation to anything else is simply a coincidence. This is not meant to imitate real people in real life. Any unauthorized plagiarism of this work will immediately be reported. 

INTRO:

Håkon (Yeti) Rex plays professional hockey. He's a twenty-five year old defensive starter that's paid 11 million dollars a year to mess around with his friends and have fun on ice. He's big and considered one of the most impressive defensive players since Zdeno Chara. Yeah, he's a bit of a fighter, but that's his spot on the team and he loves it. 

So why is he so lost? 

Miloš (Rocket) Stojanovič broke everything once. He lost his brother, his dad, his home. Everything but his mom and he broke her too. He was forced to move to Canada at thirteen, lost and only speaking Czech. But he grew from it. His best friend is a guy he's played with since age sixteen, three separate teams and only 6 months apart from each other since they met. He's goofy and though he's not a headlining goaltender, he's good enough to hold his own and loves it anyway. 

So why is there a chunk missing? 

A one in a million trade brings Miloš to Regina to play for the Wolves with his best friend, but a girlfriend and a sister drags them apart. While they're still on good terms, Miloš can't help but feel forgotten and broken again. 

A 10 year contract not even half done, a family with growing hostility and a toxic hookup buddy brings Håkon back for his sixth professional season. He's scared, he's lost and he's verging on hopeless for his future. He's never had anything stable and one little fact has haunted him from the day he figured it out. 

It happened quick, a trip to a lake, a drunken night and a batch of burnt cookies brought the two lost boys together. But what will it take for them to fight toward each other after years of slurs being just locker room talk, where gay was a threat, where news stories of people like them being burned were common and where their own families hated them for their very existence? 

In a tale of fighting love, yearning, early snowfall, and soft glances, we fall into the story of a goalie and his defenseman against things they didn't think they could overcome.  

DETAILS TO KNOW

In this story the city of Regina SK is featured as the home city of their NHL team the Regina Wolves. The Wolves don't exist and are a product of my imagination. For assistance with plot and other smaller details, imagine Regina being around the size of 600k-900k people, around the size of cites such as Boston MA, Washington DC, Denver CO. For international reference, Oslo Norway, Okayama Japan, Port Elizabeth South Africa.

The league is also bumped a little bit into the future, changes to teams include: the Seattle Kraken are a well established team that appeared a year before the Regina Wolves. Rulebook changes include: cages are required and were brought up with the draft classes as they got older. 

OTHER STUFF (i copied this from the bottom of the prologue i have since removed from the plot)

To those coming from Plié and Clout and Post Olympic, welcome back Wolves fans. *chants sal-sa sal-sa sal-sa, shit in a bowl we're out of control!*

TO THOSE WHO AREN'T. DON'T WORRY. SASQUATCH TO THE MOON IS A STANDALONE.

Here! Have some context!

This is Rocket's story, among other things. It takes place during the same year that Steph and August happen. He's struggling with moving into a new team environment and the rift between him and Steph because of Steph's suddenly very full schedule.

There is a bit of a surprise in these first chapters, along the lines of who the other boy is.

The first two books in the series tend to be lighter on heavy scenes. This is less so. There's more mature content involved and there are definitely scenes with more than kissing. I will put a warning up top on those scenes if you feel uncomfortable with them.

let's get started then, shall we?

-rabid

***

THIS IS A BOY X BOY STORY. IF THAT MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE OR YOU THINK IT'S WRONG: GET EDUCATED AND GET OFF MY PAGE. I DON'T NEED YOUR READS IF YOU THINK INVALIDATING ANOTHER PERSON'S LIFE FOR YOUR BELIEFS IS ACCEPTABLE OR RIGHT. THEY ARE HUMAN AS WELL AS YOU AND INVALIDATING THEM DOES NOTHING. IT'S TIME TO GROW UP.

HOMOPHOBIA AS WELL AS ANY OTHER FORM OF INTOLERANCE SEEN ANYWHERE NEAR MY PAGE WILL BE REPORTED TO WHOMST I FEEL WILL MAKE THE BIGGEST IMPACT ON YOU. <3.