Part 24

TW: Extremely dubious consent/nonconsensual and violence

Proceed with caution, my loves.

~

Maggie stepped out of her apartment looking absolutely ravishing.

She wore a nude strapless dress. The short hem sat right below her ass, lined with fluffy marabou feathers. Her sparkly golden pumps giving the look a little flare. The dress was actually one that Natasha had left at her place and she felt a bit guilty wearing it, but she got over it quickly. She needed to have a good night.

She had called Loki earlier, asking if he had plans for the night. He eagerly invited her to a club opening he was supposed to attend, at the request of the owner who was actually a close friend of his. The establishment was the newest premier nightclub in midtown. Everyone that was well known in the city was supposed to attend.

Clubbing was never Maggie's thing. Natasha had dragged her along to a few over the years, but it always left her feeling overwhelmed, overheated, and overcharged. Despite that, she would do anything to not be alone for another second of her day. She needed to chase the impulsive feeling she had and do something out of her comfort zone.

Loki's driver was parked out front, he stepped out of the car to help her in. Sliding into the backseat beside Loki he greeted her with a sly smile. "Good evening, Margaret."

"Hi." She grinned back at him. "Thanks for bringing me along to this."

"Well, I'm a stickler for appearances and what better accessory than you hooked to my arm." He winked.

She snickered as the car took off.

"How have you been? Since the news of James' past transgressions."

She cringed at the mention of him. She already felt guilty reaching out to Loki, even though she was single. "Not great, if I'm being honest."

He reached over and rubbed his hand over her thigh. "Well, hopefully tonight will change that." He adored the feeling of her silky skin under his touch, letting his movements slow, settling his hand on her leg.

It felt wrong to her, letting him touch her like that, but she didn't say a word.

When they rolled up to the club, the place was packed. Cars were dropping people off all around the block. Bodies were pouring into the entrance, as multicolored lights beamed out onto the street. Paparazzi crowded around, flashing pictures of the groups of celebrities waltzing in.

Loki gripped her tight by the waist, maneuvering through he noisy crowd, up to the bouncer. The second he saw him, he unhooked the velvet rope, letting them walk right in. It was loud as hell. Maggie couldn't even hear herself think— perfect, she thought to herself.

A huge glass chandelier sat above the main recessed dance floor. It was illuminated from below as well, with color changing lights. Deep sunk velvet booths lined the circle, each one had clubbers wedged inside, chugging their drinks. People fell all over each other, making out pressed up against the dark walls of the room, only made visible by the occasional flash of light from the DJ booth.

A wide, glowing bar sat perched at the center of the side room. Loki ordered each of them a drink. A neat scotch for himself and a dry martini for Maggie. She didn't really like martinis, but she just smiled and accepted it from him. They made their way to one of the few open booths. Loki pulled her tight to his side. "What do you think?" He raised his voice, to be heard over the pulsing bass of the music.

"About what?" She shouted back.

He gave her a judgmental look. "About the club." Saying it like it was blatantly obvious what he was asking her.