Katherine

'What was supposed to be another night full of enjoyment and fun turned into absolute chaos when shots were fired at people in one of the most beloved speakeasies in Chicago. This incident took place at night in Gloria's bar. The police are yet to find the culprit behind this crime who has killed three people and left six injured. The most peculiar thing that was found was that the shooter used custom-made wooden bullets......'

Aliza frowned as she read the article further. The paper was old for obvious reasons and worn and covered in dust that made her twist her face in disgust but other than that she could read the article without any hassle.

She was confused, why was this highlighted? Why did they have this newspaper in the first place? She searched the internet for more information but it was all pretty much the same. There wasn't enough evidence to hold someone responsible, though there were suspects. But all of them were ruled innocent because they had solid alibis.

The case was shut down and no one knew who was the real culprit.

The usage of wooden bullets was strange. But what would this have to do with anything? Who kept this paper? Why did they keep it? If that newspaper did belong to one of the Mikaelsons then why do they care about a shootout? Did one of them have a fetish for keeping records of violence happening in the country? They didn't seem to fit in the category of concerned civilians.

Aliza wondered if she should ask someone about this. Maybe Marcel or Freya. But what will she do if they ask her where she knows about this? She decided to explore this on her own. Aliza wasn't foolish, she had to do this without attracting any attention. She did practically steal the paper, she didn't wish to find out what would happen if she got caught.

The next thing that came into her mind was the sketch of the woman, that hummingbird woman must be important. Why else would Niklaus sketch her? Maybe an ex? Niklaus Mikaelson wasn't exactly equal to boyfriend material. Sure he was handsome, charming even. But a lover? That seemed next to impossible. She couldn't imagine him being close to someone, actually caring for someone more than himself.

Aliza climbed out of the bed and grabbed her laptop from her desk. She searched for something on the internet.

Hummingbird, the smallest among all birds, symbolizes lightness of being, swiftness, independence, courage, sensitivity, determination, love, beauty, endurance, wisdom, vitality, hope, and enjoyment of life.

Wow.

The hummingbird woman must be more than important because clearly, Niklaus didn't make it subtle at all.

Aliza thought for a moment, it was almost midnight. Niklaus and Kol were out because she had seen them both leave an hour ago. So the only people who were present were Vincent, Freya, Rebekah, and Elijah.

She was positive that Vincent and Freya were asleep, the only people she had to worry about were Elijah and Rebekah.

Rebekah was a mystery. Aliza could help but think that there was something much more to those fierce eyes. Sure she was rude to Aliza but then again she hadn't passed any unnecessary comments on Aliza's family or interests. So there was that.

She wondered if the family has ever had someone being kind to them or them being kind to anyone. Freya and Elijah were nice to her but she had noticed the way the guards wouldn't even dare to look at either of them.

Aliza had no idea how she exactly felt about it.

She wasn't an idiot to believe that being around them was safe, so she was very careful about the things she asked because one time she had asked Freya about the person who taught her magic, and in an instant, the warmth in Freya's eyes was replaced by a distant cold look.