Moment

POV: Louis Partridge

"So you guys know how we're going canoeing after this, right?" Elian explained.

"Yeah," I said as Isla nodded.

"Who are you guys' partners? Because I'm pretty sure you have to choose someone from the group we are in right now."

"Oh, I thought we could choose whoever we want.," Isla explained in a disappointed tone.

"Was there someone in particular in mind?" Elian asked as Isla looked away.

"Oh, so there is someone," I said as I turned to her.

"I never said that. There isn't anyone I just thought I could sit with V," Isla said.

Liar. There is someone you don't want to admit it.

"I'm pretty sure you have to choose someone from our school for you guys," Elian explained as he took a sip of his drink.

"Uh well, I don't know then," Isla said, poking her food with her fork.

There definitely is someone she already has in mind.

Looking around the room, I caught Elian's eye, I'm pretty sure he wanted to be with Vivian but was too scared to say anything. Giving me a look from across the table, I think he was initiating that I should ask Isla so he could go with Vivian. Being the good friend I am, I nodded at him and turned to Isla.

"Well, I mean, we could do it together, since you already know me."

"I don't trust your ass," She replied.

"I am very trustworthy, come on, do it with me, it'll be fun,"

Giving me an unsure look, she had all reasons not to trust me. She and I have known each other for 7 hours, and I've already annoyed the hell out of her. It's a way for me to express and initiate a friendship, it's probably not the best way, but I think Isla understands that.

Still looking at Isla, almost giving her the puppy eyes so she would agree to be my partner for the activity, I was only doing this to be an excellent wingman to my best friend, of course. I don't beg people to be my partner or not.

"Fine, I will do it,"

"Yes!" Elian said as he raised his arms to cheer, but quickly realized what he was doing and took them down and said, "I mean, yes. Okay, that's great. Now I have to find a partner,"

Isla looked at him suspiciously, she already knew what he was talking about, we all did, but we pretended we didn't.

"Hmmm, let me think...how about Vivian?" Isla said, pretending not to know that this was Elian's plan all along. "Of course, she has to agree first but, she would be a good option,"

There was a sparkle in Elian's' eye, he is pretty bad at hiding how he feels, unlike Isla and me. Not showing how I think has been something that's always been with me, especially in cases that involve my brother. I've always been in my brother's shadow, he has always been the better one, leading to him being the center of attention, which makes me the inferior brother. Of course, it has bothered me over the years. That's why I've been good at hiding my emotions.

"Well, I mean, she wouldn't be bad, she is good company," Elian's voice brought me back to reality.

Elian's' words making Isla, and I laugh. He really isn't a good liar.

...

I got to know Isla a bit more and the type of person she is. She is an amusing person, you don't get tired of spending time with her. She had fun at lunch with Elian and me. To be honest, I wanted lunch to go for longer, but we had our first activity to get going. Elian and I had some time to spend before we had to get going, Elian decided to sleep while I read but fell asleep halfway. We nearly didn't make it since both of us forgot to turn on alarms to get up. But we managed to get in the cars and get to the Dun Edeann sea kayaking.

We were standing around the place, waiting for the people to come to help us get ready.

"Where do you think the girls are at?" I asked.

"Uh, they should be here," Elian responded as we both started to look around.

Looking around the place, it was so beautiful, you could see water wherever you looked, there were caves with birds flying in and out of it. The bright orange canoeing boats on the shore with seemed so tempting to touch, you could see a small castle not far away from where we were standing. It was mesmerizing, It reminded me of a private beach we went to long before, but this was beautiful.

I knew they weren't going to let us go far with the canoes since it's a safety issue. We had to canoe to this island across from where we were, and we were going to hang out there until we could go back.

"Oh wait, I found them, look over there next to the flags," Elian said as I turned to see where they were.

"Wait, is that...."

"Ethan," I said

"What does he want? Please don't tell me he wants one of them as his partner,"

I think he may be, by the looks of it, he looks mad. As Elian and I watched him and tried to figure out what he was saying, his green eyes turned to us and caught our eyes. Turning them back on the girls, he said something to them, making them look at us and walk away.

"What? What the hell is he doing?" Elian asked.

"I don't know, but we're about to find out."

Vivian and Isla made their way towards us. Looking at us up and down. Isla was wearing denim shorts with a white long sleeve top, she had the top two buttons on her shirt was open, revealing a bit of her cleavage, which is why I think Brian was talking to them. Her jewelry was now gone her hair was tied up in a bun. On the other hand, Vivian was wearing leggings with a baby blue top that emphasized her collar bone. The sleeves made their way down to her elbows, which was very appealing to her eyes. Her long black hair that made its way down to her waist was flowing behind her.

"Hey guys," Vivian said, looking me up and down, "You must be Louis, nice to meet you," as she flashed a warm smile.

"And you must be Vivian," I said as she smiled once again.

"So Elian, you and I are going to be partners?" She asked.

"Y-yeah if you don't mind,"

"Yeah, I don't, so we should go. I won't see somewhere,"

"Yeah, sure, let's go," Elian said as Vivian gave a look to Isla, which made her nod, then Vivian was gone with Elian.

"Anywhere you want to do to?" I asked her.

"Oh no, you?"

I was about to answer when a voice interrupted me,

"Louis Partridge? wait, you're Jasons' little brother," A boy who I assumed was only a few years older than me said. He was wearing a uniform, which I guessed to be the uniform for people who work here.

Laughing, I responded, "Yes, that's me. Did you know him?"

This wasn't the first time someone has asked me about Jason, like I said, many people know my school knows him, so this definitely isn't the first and isn't going to be the last.

"Oh yeah, he broke a few records here, so it's kind of impossible to forget about him, anyways you take care, I have to go," He explained.

"Oh, I see, yeah, he is like that. Well, it was nice to meet you," I said as I waved at him.

"Do you get that a lot?" Isla asked.

"Yeah, I do, I'm used to it by now,"

"Mhmm, it must get annoying. Even I know Jason."

"Yeah, everyone does," I said.

"I hate the feeling. You're always in someone's shadow. It's a pretty shit feeling." She said as she looks away.

"Yeah, the feeling of being ignored," I said as my words caught her attention, we locked eyes for a second but snapped out of it.

"Uh, anyway, we should go see why there is a crowd there," I pointed.

"Sure, let's go."

I think I just may have had a moment with Isla Kyle.