Chapter Eight

You stood in the alleyway, looking up at the address and studying your phone to make sure you had the right place. It was dark, and this looked like the perfect place for you to be kidnapped or killed. Maybe you were wrong for trusting Dabi? You bit your lip, tapping your foot anxiously.

"Boo."

Dabi whispered, emerging from the shadows, scaring the living daylights out of you, making you jump almost a foot of the ground. "Jesus!"

"Heh, I got you good, kid. Come with me." He said, turning away. There was something familiar about this moment. You and him....in an alleyway...it rings a bell. 

He led you down to a door, which went to a small abandoned bar which was covered in dust and some dirt.

"What is this place?"  You asked, looking around.

"Just some old bar that was burnt down and abandoned while it was being rebuilt." He answered casually, brushing some dust off the counter.

"So, I have just a few questions for you. First of all, um, what was your childhood like? I know most villains emerge from broken childhoods and messed up stuff like that, so I just wanna get a feel-"

"That's sort of a personal question, doll. I was thinking we could get to know each other better before we dive into stuff like that." He said, towering over you. There was something about his eyes that reminded you of Shouto. Something familiar.

You swallowed thickly, seeing your form shrink compared to his. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, why don't we just...talk?" He grabbed your chin softly, making sure you were looking at him. Your face went red. Why was he touching you like this? Did that mean he....liked you? You felt your heart skip a beat at the thought.

Despite how unapproachable he seemed,  Dabi was really easy to talk to. Sure it may have been a little awkward at first, but you found yourself enjoying his company. 

"So, I heard about the thing with your dad, pretty messed up." Dabi murmured, changing subjects.

"Woah woah woah. You don't get to hear about me unless I get to hear about you." You said to him defensively.

"Well, I'll tell you my story, if you tell me yours." He bargained. You thought for a moment, and then smirked.

"Deal."

"It's just, he was such a big role model for me when I was little. I wanted to be just like him. Turns out, it was all a lie. He spent his whole life lying to me. So now, I'm not becoming a hero for his honor. I'm becoming one for mine. I want to change this society, so it can become a better place for all. So heroism can't be some cheap corrupt thing for popularity."

"Well that's what we're- I'm trying to do as well. Stain's ideology follows right after that. I just don't believe that some hero can accomplish that. No offense." Dabi responded.

"None taken. I see where you're coming from." You agreed. "Now, what's your story?"

"You'll have to see next time, kid."

"What?! That wasn't part of the deal!" You whined. He grinned.

"Don't argue with me. Go home, babe. Heroes will be doing patrol soon. And I know you don't want to get caught." He reminded, pinching yourself cheek.

Frowning with heated and pained cheeks, you left the empty bar, leaving Dabi all alone.

(A/n: Sorry short chapter, I know. Longer stuff will be coming later

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!