3

The days passed until the next Monday rolled around. Nothing eventful had happened at their school; nothing eventful ever did. 

The biggest thing that week was the student council election.

Like always, Renjun prepared his speech meticulously, making sure it sounded absolutely perfect and would entice people to vote for him. As he brushed his teeth he ran through the script in his head. And I promise as a student council president of four years, if I am elected that is, I will do everything I can to make the school a better place for all students and.....

Renjun grabbed his backpack and stuffed last night's homework in. The boy quietly snuck down the stairs before anyone could hear him and grabbed the doorknob.

"Boy you better get the fuck back hear!"

Renjun flinched as he heard his father scream at him. He sounded drunk, but when was he not? The smell of alcohol stunk up his entire house, reminding Renjun of his horrible family situation. With his mother dead and his father an sick alcoholic, Renjun didn't have the best home.

Renjun tensed up, flinging the door open in fear and dashing down his front steps. Not today. Never today. I won't be his toy anymore. The boy rushed to his only safe place, the highschool while trying frantically to cover up his bruises. 

☁️☁️☁️

"Hey Renjun!" Jeno turned the corners of his lips up when the boy arrived at their lockers.

"Sup." Renjun replied, fiddling with his shirt collar. "So what's on the schedule today? Any tests or what?" 

Jeno leaned against his locker and shrugged. "Nothing much, just your campaign."

Shit.

Renjun's eyes widened. "Oh my god I completely forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me because I wouldn't have even done that today if not for you!" 

Jeno giggled. "Renjun you're so forgetful; come on let's get going."

The brunette nodded eagerly and the pair set off. Renjun flipped his backpack around and dug inside to grab his flyers. Luckily he had been able to print them in his father's unused office before his father had caught on. 

"Alright, let's talk to hmmm..." Renjun glanced around until his eyes landed on a couple of boys. "Them!" 

Jeno froze as the model student set off towards them. Them being none other than Jaemin and his friend Chenle.

Jeno gulped and followed him, excited but nervous to chat with Jaemin. "Don't mess this up Jeno." He mumbled to himself. 

"Hi! I'm Huang Renjun as you may or may not know," Renjun began to introduce himself to Chenle, who turned Jaemin so he could face him.

"I was wondering if you would be able to vote me for student council president. I'm going for four years, which hasn't been accomplished since 1994 and I would like to be the next. So anyways-"

"Slow down please." Chenle pushed a lock of blonde hair out of his eyes. "Why do we vote for you? We don't even know you very well."

"Well," Renjun pulled out a flyer and handed it to Jaemin. "You can read that to find out my-" Renjun bit his lip. He realized that he was talking to the blind boy. "Shit, ummm, I mean, I will try and do more fundraisers which could help buy better materials for the school-"

"Thanks." Jaemin cut him off. Jeno blushed profoundly. He was not only embarrassed because of Renjun and because Jaemin seemed pretty pissed at them. "I'll think about it."