Mando

As soon as I saw his helmet fall off I quickly picked it up. He was unconscious and I knew that I had to check him for a wound.

"Please don't wake up." I whispered as I looked over his wound.

I saw there was no damage and held my breath as I looked at his face. I had always thought he was probably ugly under the mask... but now I see that he wasn't and I could barley breath. It was no lie that I had feelings for the bounty hunter, and he knew it.

I quickly got him back to the ship, not before slipping his helmet back on. I laid him down on his cot and looked at the small child, who was watching him like a Hawk.

"He will be okay." I said softly.

He cooed at me and I sent him a gentle smile. It was a couple hours before Mando woke up and when he did he looked around for the child.

"In his bed." I said softly.

He set up and looked at me.

"What happen?"

"Bomb, I carried you back to the ship." I said as I looked at my hands.

"Looks like I owe you again." He said calmly.

"Yea.... I'm gonna go check on the kid." I said as I stood up.

I quickly walked away leaving him alone. I shouldn't of looked and I knew it, but I had been so scared he was hurt that I forgot to think and now I can't look at him the same.

A week passed by and I had been avoiding Mando like the plague and he was starting to notice.

"Want to help me with the-"

"Sorry have to go into town." I said as I turned and walked away.

"We're in space though." He said as I walked away.

I hid in my room and let out a groan. A hour passed before I heard a knock on my door.

"I need you're help with a bounty." He said calmly.

"Um... I should stay here and watch the-"

"Spill what's going on?" He asked angrily.

I bit my lip and looked away.

"Nothing, nothing is going on." I said softly.

"(Y/n), talk to me." He begged.

I looked up and held my breath.

"When you got knocked out you're helmet fell off and I forgot about you're code because I was so scared that you were dead and I looked at your face... I am so sorry... I didn't mean to... I swear I was just... I was scared, that I lost you." I said through tears.

He stared at me and said nothing. I quickly covered my face and tried to hold back a sob. It wasn't until I heard a chuckle that I looked up and saw him lean back.

"I thought I had done something to make you hate me." He said softly.

"You're not mad?" I asked as I looked at him shocked.

"I'm mad you didn't tell me... but no I'm not mad... though I guess now that you saw my face... I have to marry you." He said with a chuckle.

"Jerk!" I snapped as I hit his shoulder.

"I'm not joking, by the code... I either kill you or marry you... so I guess you're stuck with me."

"Mando... I... you don't have to marry me. I don't want to force you into a loveless ma-"

"Who said anything about loveless?" He asked calmly.

"I.... you don't love me so... it would be loveless."

"Who said I didn't love you?"

I looked at him shocked and he moved his hands to his helmet. I quickly jumped forward and stopped him from removing it.

"It's alright." He said calmly.

I moved my hands away and watched as he lifted the helmet off. I scanned his face and mentally remembered every mark on his face. I gently moved my hand to his face and he leaned into my touch.

"Think I would trust you if I didn't love you?" He asked softly.

I smiled softly as I moved my hand away.

"I love you too." I said softly.

He sent me a small smile and leaned forward and gently kissed me. It was sloppy and I could tell that it probably was his first kiss, but it was probably the greatest kiss that I had ever had.