10. CRAVING YOU

You're like that cigaretteThat shot of 100 proofNo matter how much I getI'm always cravingThat feeling when we kissThe way your body movesNo matter how much I getI'm always craving you, yeahCraving you

That shot of 100 proof
No matter how much I get
I'm always craving
That feeling when we kiss
The way your body moves
No matter how much I get
I'm always craving you, yeah
Craving you...

***

The tattoo artist turned off the engine of his battered old car and rested his tattooed hands on the steering wheel. He exhaled loudly from his lungs. It felt like he'd been holding his breath for a good few hours. He was so fucking nervous. He didn't know why.

He was talented. He knew his worth as an artist and knew that he made brilliant tattoos. There was still a lot to learn, but he was sure he was damn good at what he did. He couldn't remember the last time he was stressed out about any tattoo.

Of course, his beginnings were stressful. Every tattoo artist who is just starting his career goes through it. So what if you are talented and you paint beautifully. Picking up a tattoo gun and putting ink into someone's skin so that it stays on forever is something else entirely.

You know there's something important in your hands and you don't want to screw it up, so you get nervous. You get so stressed out with it that you feel sick, but after a few tattoos the stress disappears somewhere and you start to be glad that you are an artist who gets a huge credit of trust from the client. Someone entrusts you with their body as a canvas, so you must do whatever it takes to create a work worthy of a great artist. You need to create something that the customer won't regret in ten or twenty years.

But now the canvas he was about to use was more to him than just material to create something beautiful. This body belonged to someone who had quickly become important to him, and he was fucking afraid of it. He felt the same nausea he felt at the beginning of his career, it was tightening his throat and not about to let go. This tattoo was bloody important to Jeongguk and it had to be perfect.

Gguk revealed his soul to him. He showed him something that he didn't let anyone else see. It was a great honor, but also a great responsibility. The boy trusted him. He trusted him so much to tell about his past, about his mother, an accident that took almost everything away from him. He wanted to make this tattoo with his mother in mind, but Taehyung had a feeling that if he tried hard enough, perhaps thanks to it, the brunet would finally free himself from the darkness that seemed to engulf him and not let go.

Jeongguk lived as if he had never survived this accident, and he wanted to help him change that.

He didn't know why it was so important to him, but he wanted to help him. It wasn't just about him. The boy was extremely attractive. He was attracted to him in every way he could, but he would be content with his friendship if it could change his life.

This tattoo was meant to be the first step towards healing. It had to be perfect. Every line, every shading. Everything was supposed to be exactly as Jeongguk dreamed it. He was afraid that it would not live up to his expectations, even though the boy was delighted with his design.