Chapter 8

Jaehwa took a deep breath as she stood outside the concrete building, little people going in and out.

I mean, what were you expecting, you're at a jail.

Jaehwa entered the building, letting them know her purpose of being there.

After passing multiple security steps, Jaehwa was finally brought to a room with a glass panel and a microphone that would let her voice go to the other side.

Jaehwa felt her heart shatter into pieces as she saw Jaehyun walk out, wearing the orange suit, his hands cuffed together.

He had lost a lot of weigh, his cheek bones more prominent than before and dark bags under his eyes. It was clear that being in the prison was taking a toll on him and Jaehwa just wanted to wrap her arms around her twin brother, engulfing him into a big hug.

Jaehyun's reaction was the opposite to hers, his eyes lighting up as he caught sight of his sister. "I don't know if orange really suits me."

Jaehwa shook her head as her twin took his seat across from her. "How can you joke at a time like this?"

"Just trying to lighten the mood." Jaehyun said with a small smile. "You look like you need it, you even changed your style. Jaehwa, my sister? Wearing something that isn't black? And is that a blazer?"

The two siblings began laughing at Jaehyun's comment, Jaehwa adjusting her clothes.

"I miss you. It's not the same without you." Jaehwa said, placing her hand on the glass.

Jaehyun stared at it before placing his over hers too. "I miss you too. But fill me in, I want to hear everything."

Jaehwa nodded, immediately telling her brother everything that she could about the investigation, careful to leave out certain details as she knew there were other cops surrounding them. She also told them how their "car wash" was doing, using certain code words like she used when they were on the streets.

"That's good to hear." Jaehyun told her. "I'm glad everything is going well."

"Me too." Jaehwa said with a deep sigh.

"Sorry ma'am, but it's time to wrap up." The guard said from the doors.

Jaehwa nodded, noticing the sadness in her brother's eyes.

"Oppa, I'll get you out of here. I promise." Jaehwa said as Jaehyun was told to get out of his seat.

Jaehwa was expecting him to tell her not to worry, that he'll be alright and that she should be more concerned about her own well-being instead. So she was shocked by Jaehyun's next words.

"I know you will."

...

"Did you see him?" Johnny asked as Jaehwa entered the station, her head hanging low.

"Yeah." Jaehwa replied, plopping down in the seat.

Johnny could tell that the girl wasn't in the best mood. "Do you want some chocolate?"

"Huh?" Jaehwa said, giving him a weird look. Johnny opened up his top drawer, passing her a piece of chocolate wrapped in gold foil.

"Helps me get through a rough night." Johnny said as Jaehwa took the candy in her hand.

"Thanks." Jaehwa said, giving the male a small smile.

Johnny smiled back, staring at the girl as she unwrapped the chocolate, popping it in her mouth.

"Hey Jaehwa."

"Yeah?" Jaehwa replied.

Before Johnny could ask his question, the door barged open, Mark standing in the doorway with his hair dishelved, tie loosened, dust covering his suit, and dark bags under his eyes.