epilogue

"Spence! Hurry up, honey, people are gonna be here any minute!"

You open the oven, pulling out the turkey that had been cooking basically all day. You place it on the counter, on top of a couple potholders, sticking the meat thermometer in it. As you wait for the temperature, you hear Spencer come down the stairs, and you feel his arms wrap around you from behind. He kisses the top of your head, and you turn your head, looking up at him.

"Hey," you whisper.

"Hi, sweetheart," he replies, grinning at you.

"Can you make sure the mac and cheese is still hot? And give the mashed potatoes a stir?"

He nods, releasing you. You glance down at the thermometer. 170 degrees. Perfect. You repeat the process a couple more times in different places, making sure it's cooked at the way. You put some aluminum foil over the turkey before popping some rolls on a baking sheet and putting them in the oven.

"Joseph?" You call out, shutting the oven door.

"Yeah, mom?"

You turn your head, grinning at the six-year old. "Can you go upstairs and get Rhiannon, please? She's playing in her room."

Your son nods, and you ruffle his hair as he runs up the stairs. You turn back around, glancing over the array of food you and Spencer had been making all morning. Mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, green beans, stuffing, turkey breast, gravy. All suitable Thanksgiving foods.

Spencer turns toward you, and you grin at your husband, crossing the couple steps toward him to plant a kiss on his lips. He kisses you back, smiling against your lips before pulling away.

"You look nice," you compliment him, trailing your hands down the dark blue button up, tugging slightly on his tie.

"No, you look beautiful," he replies, eyes grazing over the dark purple dress you're wearing.

"Mmm, we're both just really hot," you tease, your smile growing wider.

He laughs, and you hear Joseph carefully bringing Rhiannon down the stairs. The three-year old's eyes light up when she sees you, and she comes running over, wrapping her arms around your leg.

"Mama, when are we eating? I'm hungry," she says, her wide, hazel eyes looking up at you.

You grin, scooping her up in your arms, a shriek coming from her as you tickle her. "In a few minutes. Everyone's coming to eat with us!"

"Even grandma?"

"Mhm, even grandma."

You set her down, and her and Joseph go into the living room, occupying themselves with the TV. You take the rolls out of the oven, setting them down on some potholders. The front door opens, and you grin as JJ, Will, Henry, and Michael walk inside, the two boys immediately running over to your kids. You hug JJ first, then Will, JJ setting the pumpkin pie she'd brought on the counter.

Garcia, Savannah, and Morgan are next, followed closely by Hotch, Jack, and Jessica. You greet your friends—well, more like your family—as they come in, all of them settling around the kitchen to talk. Rossi walks in carrying a bottle of champagne that's way too expensive. Prentiss comes in, carrying an old-fashioned apple pie with her. The last person to show is your mother.

You hug her, and she kisses your cheek. She makes her way over to your kids, who cheer, hugging their grandma before resuming their activities with Henry, Michael, and Jack. You walk back into the kitchen, wrapping an arm around Spencer's waist, looking at all of the amazing people in your life.

"Thank you all for coming; it really means a lot to us!" You say, grinning at everyone around you. "There's so much food, so please eat as much as you want." You glance at Hotch, reaching behind you to hold up the turkey carver.

"Hotch, we decided you should be the one to cut the turkey," Spencer says, grinning at him. "If I do it, I will definitely mess it up."

Hotch laughs, walking forward to take the carver from your hands. "It would be my pleasure."

He cuts the turkey, and you grab paper plates—because doing dishes is a bitch—and you fix your kid's plates first, setting them at a smaller table fixed just for the children. You kiss Rhiannon and Joseph's foreheads as they begin to eat before making your own plate. Rossi pops the champagne, pouring everyone a glass. The nine of you settle at the dining room table, Spencer sitting beside you. Your mom sits on the other side of you, and you all dig into your food.

The lunch is amazing, eating and laughing with your family, Spencer's hand occasionally squeezing your thigh throughout the duration of it. You smile at him, putting your hand on his. Garcia clears her throat, gathering everyone's attention.

"Okay, we have to go around and say something we're thankful for!"

"Okay, Garcia, why don't you start," Spencer says, grinning at her.

"Well, I'm thankful for the new Pokémon game that came out for the switch," she says, giggling. "And, of course, for all of you."

Everyone collectively laughs, and the question travels around the table, everyone saying what they're thankful for. The statements are heartfelt, and warmth stirs in your chest as you watch everyone's faces light up as they speak. Eventually, it gets to you, and you squeeze Spencer's hand.

"It might seem pretty obvious, but I'm incredibly thankful for all of you," you state, a small smile on your face. "Losing my dad—for real, this time—was really hard but having you supporting me and being in my life made it easier. I'm thankful for my kids and my mom." You turn your head slightly, smiling at your mom. "And I'm thankful for Spencer, always."

He leans in, giving you a soft kiss. "Ditto."

You laugh, and Rossi holds up his champagne glass. "To family."

"To family!" Everyone says simultaneously.

As you drink your champagne, you look at each member of your team—your family. You hear your kids laughing from the small table a few feet away. You can't help but feel so lucky that this is your life, surrounded by people who utterly love and care for you. A twinge of sadness runs through you—sadness that your dad can't be here with you, to see the life that you've made with Spencer. But it quickly passes, realizing that he wouldn't want you to be sad. He'd want you to be happy.

And you are.

Truly, incredibly happy and loved.

Finally.

The End

——————————————
Author's Note
And that's it, folks, that's the end of Betrayal.
Thank you so so so so so much to everyone who's stuck with me since Losing Control. This has been a CRAZY journey. Losing Control was my first ever fic, and the fact that so many people like it just warms my heart. So thank you, seriously, for reading it and commenting on it. Y'all are truly the best.
Saying goodbye to this fic is bittersweet. I've come to love Y/n, and knowing this is the end makes me both sad and happy.
But, as one fic comes to an end, another begins. I'm writing a new Spencer fic called FINE LINE, and the prologue (both of them) should be posted today. I can't wait to start a new fic, and I hope to see you all there! :) <3