» 35 «

I tried to keep Harry's attention on me while we were walking through the castle the next day. Seeing those 'Potter stinks' badges wasn't something that would make him feel any more confident about anything.

I shook my head at the group of Hufflepuff's laughing as their badge changing from 'Support Cedric Diggory - The Real Hogwarts Champion', to Harry's face.

My hard efforts ended up being wasted as soon as we walked into the courtyard, right into a group of students wearing them. Harry inspected the badges for a second, looking at Diggory's picture before it changed into his.

He furrowed his brows at the sight but didn't seem to be able to divert his attention off of them.

"Let's go," I said gently, nudging him into the direction we were supposed to go, and he sighed.

"Why so tense, Potter?" Neither of us stopped at the sound of Malfoy's voice, instead just rolling our eyes at it. "My father and I have a bet, you see." I only saw him now, sitting in one of the oak trees looking down on us. "I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament," He said, a smirk on his face and Harry stopped at the mention of the competition.

I came to a halt just as he did, secretly wishing he would've just kept walking. But I guess neither of us were good at ignoring the blonde boy when he was acting as annoying as he was now.

"-He disagrees. He thinks you won't last five." He jumped off the tree, rather gracefully I had to admit, and his goons immediately surrounded him.

A sinister grin on his face, Malfoy began walking towards us a few steps. He gave me a quick look but was forced to look back at Harry as he stormed towards him. "I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy!" He hissed, the anger in his voice prominent.

My brother shoved him, and Malfoy stumbled a few steps back, the surprised expression on his face turning into a deep frown soon after. I was rather impressed to see this myself, but proud of Harry nonetheless.

It was time he stood up for himself. And seeing Malfoy helpless like this never failed to bring a smile on my lips, either.

Harry continued, "He's vile and cruel. And you're just pathetic." He turned back towards me, and I gave him a thumbs-up, a proud smile on my face as he approached.

One look at Malfoy made my face turn sour again, and just like he was fumbling to get his wand out, so was I.

Somebody else was quicker than both of us, though.

I watched in amusement as the proud, arrogant boy turned into nothing more than a cute little ferret that was played with by Professor Moody. "Quick thinking, Miss... Potter," Moody said without even looking at me, concentrating on the task at hand.

Harry and I both had big smiles on our faces, knowing this was 100% what that boy deserved. They didn't even subside when Professor McGonagall got herself involved in the whole ordeal.

The whole courtyard was laughing at this point, watching the ferret being levitated into Crabbe's pants. And even when McGonagall brought Malfoy back to his original form, people were still laughing and giggling all around the place.

Professor Moody was chasing him around the tree a few times before the blonde sprinted off, out of the courtyard and probably into the dungeons.

McGonagall was telling Moody off, but his eyes were on Harry and me the whole time. As he went to leave the Courtyard, he mumbled a "You. Come with me." in Harry's direction.

My brother gave me a quick look, questioning whether he should go with him, and I simply gave him a nudge to follow the Professor before he was out of sight.

He hurried after him back into the castle, and I disappeared into the other direction towards the dungeons.

"I think I preferred you more the other way," I said with a smirk as soon as I spotted Malfoy in one of the corridors leading towards our common room. He was alone, leaning against a wall and angrily mumbling things to himself when I found him.

His head snapped into my direction, hatred in his eyes as he looked at me. "You!" He spat just as I stopped next to him in the nearly empty corridor. Students were walking by every now and then, but it wasn't nearly as crowded as the main corridors would be at this hour. "You think this is funny?!"

I scoffed. "Of course I do. Everyone does." I watched the boy grow angrier and chuckled to myself at the memory of the events.

"I hate you," He hissed, his eyes locked with mine. "I hate you just as much as I hate your brother!" In one swift motion, he pulled out his wand the second time today, holding it right to my throat.

"Don't fool yourself, Malfoy," My voice was calm as I slowly pushed the wand off my throat, my eyes still locked with his. My hand was guiding his own towards the floor. To my surprise, he didn't resist.

He gulped, but the anger was still prominent in his demeanour.

I noticed his eyes wandering through the corridor before they ended up falling on the only door in it. He thought for a second, then quickly opened it with a simple spell, making his hand glide out of mine.

He shoved me, harsh enough to stumble a few steps towards the room but gentle enough to not fall over completely. Once in, we found ourselves in a storage room. It seemed fairly unused, spider webs covering the few items in it.

I didn't get much time to inspect it any further, feeling my back pushed against a wall once again. "This is turning into a habit, is it?" I said, referencing the countless of times we had been in this situation before, my head tilted to the side a little

He completely ignored my comment, his eyes falling down to my lips and lingering there for a moment before looking me in the eyes again. "I hate you," He growled again, this time less aggressively, before his lips connect with mine.

"You hate me?" I mumbled into the kiss, enjoying the feeling of his soft lips on mine a little too much. My question only irritated him more, resulting in my body being shoved against the wall harder.

He stopped for a second, taking a moment to look at me "You have no idea how much-" He began, but cut himself off with his lips landing on mine again.