Chapter 9: Muffin

"Yum. Everyone praise the muffin!" Peyton raises his muffin towards the dining hall ceiling.

"Peyton please stop." Sara says staring at Peyton disturbed.

"Excuse me Sara but I don't think you truly understand the story of our Lord and saviour, Muffin." Peyton said raising the muffin higher.

"Peyton please-" Hunter was cut off by Peyton's now bellowing voice.

"MUFFIN WAS A SAINT, A TRUE GOD!"

By now, he had caught the attention of almost everyone. By the amount of people who gave Peyton a disturbed look, you cold probably make a whole new faction.

"I am a jacket, just a jacket not a human.." I say, pulling down my hood and pulling the drawstrings.

"I'm with you on that one." I hear Pheonix say.

"MUFFIN'S STORY STARTED WHEN THE MUFFIN MAN-"

"That's it." Hunter said, snatching the muffin and throwing it in the garbage. I giggled under my breath as Peyton then began to lecture Hunter.

Oh gosh I need new friends.

~*~

It was about two days since the first time I went through my first fear simulation, and it had gotten easier.

My usual speed was about two minutes, faster than everyone else's.

These simulations were slowly destroying some people. Pheonix, unfortunately being on of them. He doesn't say anything of it, but I can tell by the slight bags underneath his eyes. Peyton,Hunter and Sara seemed fine, a bit troubled but who's not? Pheonix on the other hand needed support.

I walked toward the dorm, after my usual dose of a new nightmare when I shoved against a wall.

A hand wraps around my neck, not cutting off the air flow but giving an effect on my breathing.

In front stood an angered Bryan.

"Get off dickhead." I spat. He let out a dark chuckle before tightening the grip on my neck.

"Spoiled little daddy's girl somehow ended up in second place? Not even to mention that she is able to finish in a remarkable time, peculiar isn't it?"

"Get off," I growl through my teeth."Or there will be consequences."

"What, you'll tell your daddy? Your brother? Even better, how about your boyfriend Eric?" He says menacingly, squeezing my throat until I couldn't breathe. I clawed at his hand, feeling my eyes droop from the lack of oxygen.

"Hey!" I hear someone yell, before my eyes slowly become heavier and heavier.

~*~

My eyes snap opened, and I sit up abruptly. My eyes dart around the foreign room hurriedly, taking it in. The room looked oddly familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I glanced down at the bedside table to see a picture. Pictures were almost impossible to be find and take, so who's ever knew someone important. Then it hit me, this was Adam's apartment.

To say I was confused was the least of it. I remember getting choked out by Bryan, and someone yelling. Was that Adam? Did he bring me back here? Did he tell Pops? Probably so.

I dropped my feet onto the floor quietly, before tip toeing out of the room. Luckily Adam didn't have a a door to his bedroom. I tip toed into the living room, where a snoring Adam was sleeping on the couch.

Maybe I could get away before he wakes up, and later he won't remember.

Just as I layed my hand on the doorknob, Adam's snoring faltered a bit.