89-Promise Me

[Me]
are u awake?

[idiot ❤️🤡]
yep, what's up?

I didn't want to wait until tomorrow, he deserved to be the first to know out of our group. I mean, he's going to be the most effected by it.

[Me]
can we go to the field ?

[idiot ❤️🤡]
yeah right now?

[Me]
yeah

[idiot ❤️🤡]
already outside <3

I slip my phone in my pocket before quickly climbing down the side of the balcony and walking out of my backyard. Co was already waiting for me at his truck.

It was two in the morning and he still managed to look as good as ever.

"Hey what's wrong?" He questions just as I approach

"Just got a lot on my mind," I tell him, I wanted to wait until we got to the field.

"Let's go then," he nods before holding open the door for me, carefully closing it once I'm inside before going over to his side. "Want to stop at McDonald's?"

"Yes," I nod. Food makes everything better even if that food is McDonald's.

We didn't talk much driving through town or even after we got our food.

It felt like we were in the truck longer than normal when we go to the field, but that's probably because he's taking a different way there.

Bockerman was faster, but I know for myself that I can't even think of the road without wanting to cry hysterically and throw up all at the same time.

I know he's right there with me on that one.

"Okay," he says after we park and set up everything in the bed of his truck. We both just sat there with our chicken nuggets "what's up?"

"I wanted to tell you this before anyone else," I start "I-I'm moving to California in two weeks."

He was quiet for a minute as he just looked at me.

The silence was almost deafening, he'd never been this quiet before.

"Co, I-I can't breathe here, everywhere I go I'm looked at like I'm this broken puppy and everywhere I look I'm reminded of him and-and I-"

"Bails I understand," he nods "You don't have to explain anything to me,"

"You aren't mad?" I just look up at him and he shakes his head a small smile coming to his face as his eyes welled with tears. Mine were already at that point.

"Princess I could never be mad at you for something like this,"

"I'm so sorry," I wipe my eyes. I knew this hurt him. He and I were supposed to have two more months, not weeks.

"Hey, hey look at me," he tips my chin up to look at him "Do not apologize," before placing his lips on mine

"Okay," I nod, testing my head against his as we break apart

"Promise me one thing,"

"What?"

"Promise you'll say goodbye," he holds his pinky up and I can't help but grin

"I promise Kazer," I wrap my pinky around his as my heart ached at the thought of saying goodbye to him. "I love you, so unbelievably much,"

"I love you too" he smiles as a tear falls from his eyes "Fuck I don't even know why I'm crying,"