Happy end?

When she woke up she was greeted by a blurry looking face above her. She screeched and hit it. Crabbe staggered back with a yell of pain, clutching his nose.

"Oh , I am so sorry. I did not mean to hit you." She squinted and looked around.

"Oh hey, I'm in the hospital wing. And everyone else is hear too."

"Yeah, we're here. We made it!" Pansy told her. Harriet was fairly sure she was smiling.

"Someone hand me a Chocolate Frog." She croaked, "And my glasses."

Pansy complied.

"What happened?" Blaise asked, "We heard you fought you-know-who!"

"I can't tell you now. It's too dangerous," Harriet said, "Wait till we're on the train to King's Cross. It'll be safe to talk then."

"But that's in two days!" Goyle complained.

"Shut it!" Draco told him, "I'm sure she has her reasons."

He reached for a snack, only to have his hand smacked away by Harriet.

"Mine," she hissed at him.

He pouted. "Fine!"

"We're the talk of the school. First year slytherins, standing up to the dark lord." Pansy said. Then lowering her voice,"If only they knew why we were really there."

Everyone laughed.

The end of term banquet was fun. They stuffed their faces full of the good food and sweet treats that appeared in front of her. Harriet was acting like it was the last meal she would ever eat.

Slytherin won the house cup and Quidditch cup. They were closely followed by Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and then Gryffindor.

McGonagall looked ready to hex anyone that mentioned it. Snape had half a smirk on his face. Harriet was pretty sure she saw the Gryffindor keeper washing away his sorrow with pumpkin juice. She felt a small stab of sympathy for him. He must have really wanted to win.

One could hear the twins being lectured by their older, prefect brother Percy throughout the entire castle. They had almost set up a new record for the most house points lost within one year.

On the train Harriet told her friends about what had happened as promised. They agreed that her actions had been for the best. Once they got to King's Cross, they said their goodbyes acting like they'd never see each other again. They wouldn't, until next year, because their families had planned the holidays already. Well, everyone except Harriet's. She had no idea what would await her when she got to king's cross station.

She watched her friends go to their respective families and be greeted with hugs and kisses and an 'I missed you' or 'we missed you'.

With a lump in her throat, she turned and pushed the trolley with her things through the gate, back into the regular world.

"Harriet! Harriet!" A voice called. "Over here!"

Dudley came thundering over and pulled her into a hug. Having no idea how to react, she awkwardly patted his back. This had never happened before and was failing to compute.

"Hi," she greeted. "How're things?"

"I'm happy the holidays have started!" He grinned from ear to ear and pointed to where Aunt Petunia was standing. "Mum's over there. Let's go!"

He grabbed her trolley and started walking towards her. Harriet, still in shock, scuttled after him. This was going to be one really, really wierd summer.

As it turned out, they had moved north. To a small area called Penrith. Aunt Petunia had used the money she had gained from the divorce to buy a flat there. Not a very big one, but they'd make do. She had also found a job in a small corner shop, close to home.

As of the next year, Dudley was no longer going to Smeltings and was starting at a local, smaller, yet reputable secondary school.

On the ride home, he bombarded Harriet with millions of questions about Hogwarts.  Albeit hesitantly, she answered them all with a patience she never expected to have. Perhaps she was still processing the strangeness.

She was still somewhat convinced Dudley had been replaced with an alien, but - in comparison - it wasn't the worst thing that could have happened.

--------------

Aaaaand finished!

If you could ask for one thing in the next part, what would it be?

Again thank you for reading and for your continuous support.

XOXO, Drachma

Update: Here's the sequel.
https://my.w.tt/4RMfjDkbWcb