Ch. 22 | The Future

Summary: The two fantasize about their future.

Content Warning: Penetrative sex, BDSM, Daddy kink, unprotected sex

—————————————————

The next morning felt a lot like the way the previous night had ended. I swear, it was almost like Spencer and I hadn't moved an inch throughout the night. Maybe we really had been that tired.

Either way, I wasn't tired anymore. I knew that if I stayed splayed out on top of Spencer while I was this restless, I would wake him up anyway. So I slowly inched off, hoping not to disturb him too much.

To my surprise, he barely stirred. Don't get me wrong; his arms followed my body and required all of my strength to peel them off of me.

"Babe, I have to get up. I'll be right back." I mumbled, practically crawling out of his grip while he grumbled nonsense into the pillow.

He was so adorable that I almost felt bad about leaving him there alone. Almost.

See, Spencer had done so much for me in our relationship up to this point that it was starting to feel lopsided. I didn't like that. There is something about owing people anything that doesn't sit right with me.

That's why, after sleepily brushing my teeth and trying to control the disaster of a bird's nest on my head that resulted from sleeping on wet hair, I set out to do some good old fashioned chores.

It wasn't hard to figure out where Spencer kept things - one of the perks of having a boyfriend with such a hatred of germs, I guess.

I don't honestly know how long I spent topping off the cleaning around his apartment, but it couldn't have been that long. The place was basically already spotless. Once I was satisfied, I picked up the thing I had been avoiding: my homework.

And that's when Spencer conveniently awoke, ready to distract me from finishing the last few problems once more.

"I never thought I'd see you willingly doing your homework."

I turned around from the couch, smiling at the state of my sleepy boyfriend still wrapped in a blanket. Adorable.

"Well, someone distracted me last night."

"Oh, did they?" He joked as he came over to plant a kiss on the top of my head before making his normal beeline to make his morning cup of coffee. 
But after I heard the familiar clinking of mugs, I paused my work with a smile.

"... Did you... did you do the dishes?"

"Yeah, why?" I called back, hearing the loud grinding of the gears moving in his mind.

"And made coffee."

"Yes."

I remained looking forward because somehow it made his confusion all the better. His hand was sliding against the counter top before moving to the stovetop, where I heard him moving the grates.

"... Did you clean my entire kitchen?"

"You're very perceptive, Dr. Reid."

He laughed, walking back over to me from the other direction with a pleasant, if not goofy, grin. He was going to say something else, but stopped when he noticed the basket filled with clean laundry on the floor next to the couch.

"You did my laundry? How long have you been awake? How did I sleep through this?"

Although he bent over to pick up the basket and turned to carry it off to the bedroom, he kept his eyes on me, waiting for my answer.