4.

"The coronation went well." Balram Shastri said as he sat on the chair next to Aditya.

"It was good. The son looks as promising as his father." He said picking up the glass of water and taking a sip from it. "Tomorrow we shall discuss the renewed peace treaty with the Mughals."

"Very well my king. The gift you asked us to get for Abeer Ali has arrived."

"Thank you Purohit Ji. That will be all for today, if you can see where Dev is and send him to my chamber I would be -."

The doors of the chamber were pushed open and Dev sauntered in.

"Why is your hand at the hilt of your sword ?" Dev asked raising his eyebrow looking at his brothers rigid stance.

"Because I was ready to drive my sword into the person who came in unannounced." Aditya replied, loosening his muscles. "Where have you been since the Dawat ?"

"No where, just making a few friends. You should relax and enjoy a little too." He said placing his hand on Aditya's shoulder. "Come with me, I'm getting a tour of the Mughal palace."

"I'll see you tomorrow for breakfast, be here on time." Aditya said dismissing his brother.

"You need to enjoy life brother." Dev said turning around and  walked to the door. "Good night big brother." He said leaving the king and their prime minister to talk out the political stuff which did not interest him at all.

Accompanied by his personal guards as well as one assigned to him by the new king he walked out into the palace grounds.

"What else is left to see Kaif ?" Dev asked his Mughal attendant.

"Sir we have covered all the accessible areas of the palace, the west wing of the palace is the Harem which is restricted area, if you don't mind I'll show you around our garden, fighting pits, our stable and things around outside."

"Should be fun." Dev replied and followed Kaif to discover more of the Agra palace.

They took a stroll the shahi baugh (royal garden) which smelled divine, tall trees and flowers in full bloom made the place look like a patch of heaven on earth.

"It's very beautiful, it's so well maintained and taken care of." Dev said in appreciation.

"Our Queen loves to tend to the garden personally, and over the years watching Malika even Shehzadi Sahiba too has taken interest in taking care of them." Kaif said with pride, praising the royal family.

"I'll show you around, there is a small lake near the fighting pits and stable." Kaif guided him towards the stable and showed him their collection of wild horses and elephants.

Dev was impressed by how the Mughals had strategically planned and designed their palace.

"This is the lake where we take all our horses and elephants for bathing." Kaif brought them to the lake which was lit by fire torches around.

He could see the reflection of the crescent moon on the surface of water. His eyes taking in the beauty and serene landscape.

"Who is that ?" One of his guards spoke out, pointing towards the pier like word platform built over the lake.

Dev walked closer to the pier, earning protests from his body guards but he silenced them with one look.
As he approached the figure he could make out it was a woman clad in a white cotton dress sitting on the wooden platform, her feet dipped into the water.

"Do you mind if I invade your personal space and sit beside you ?" Dev asked looking at the back of the female which visibly stiffened on realising she had company.