17. You Need To Get Laid

❂ ❂ ❂ ❂

I sat alone on the bank staring at my hands. Some others from camp had made their way down here and started helping in the search. I hid behind the brush, not purposely but I liked going unnoticed. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone. Of course those kind of wishes never come true. I heard someone come up behind me. I turn my head to see Bellamy sitting down behind me. He scrunches down so we both remain unnoticed.

"Hey." He mutters, resting his head on his arms, which are rested on his knees.

I turn around so I'm facing him getting in the same position as him, "Hi." I breathe.

"Are you okay?" He asks tilting his head.

He reaches out a hand to touch my discolored cheek. Both my jaw and my cheek had obvious bruises forming on them. I let out a small sigh nodding my head, but I was far from okay.

"You sure?" He asks with his hand still against my cheek.

"I've had worse." I respond, trying to shrug it off, but I should know by now that doesn't work on Bellamy.

"That wasn't my question." He frowns, cupping my face with his hand.

I lean my face into his hand and close my eyes. I wanted to just enjoy this moment just for a little longer. He runs his thumb against my cheek, with an extra gentleness due to my bruise. I opened my eyes to see him smiling at me.

"Are you okay, Lace?" He asks with a tenderness to his voice I haven't heard before.

I look down sadly, "No, I'm not." I sigh.

"What's going on with you and that girl?" He says putting extra emphasis on it.

He sounded bitter and angry. Why would he take that kind of tone toward Thistle? He didn't know her or anything about my past, except for the fact I killed three people. His tone causes me to straighten up and pull away from his hand.

"That girl's name is Thistle." I reply back rather bitterly.

He straightens up and pulls his hand away, he was surprised but I didn't care, "Uh," He stammers, "wh-what?"

"Her name is Thistle." I repeat, with more condescension.

"I just don't get why you're defending her." He says stiffening and becoming more rigid, "She punched you in the face. Why didn't you fight back?"

I pull my knees closer to my chest, almost to the point where it hurts but at the same time it's comforting me, "It's doesn't matter." I answer quietly.

"What the hell happened? What is wrong with you?" He questions standing up suddenly, "This isn't the Lacey I know." He sighs sadly, "What's going on? Just tell me what happened with you two."

That's when I lost it, and to be honest I'm not quite sure why. But rage suddenly filled my veins. I shot up from where I was sitting and didn't hesitate to get in his face as I did so.