Chapter 5

Everything was calm for 20 minutes so far, and I days back and watched as Chomp and Count Chompula were gooping the ground all in fun but if any zombies came they would get stuck.  I started to think about how this would all play out, and Chompers are most vulnerable while eating. There's two Chompers here so What if they're both eating a zombie and I'm not able to help both of them.

Then I remember the Cactuses we're up on a rock sniping so maybe they'll help out.

I relax my breath as fast as I can when I see Chomp dawdling over smiling, and Count Chompula was walking away.

"You're nervous," Chomp sighs and sits next to me.

"No I'm fine," I say, but I sound out of breath.

"You don't need to lie to me," He says. "We're best friends, you're like my little sister. I'll protect you."

I sigh.

"Thanks Chomp," I smile sweetly. "And I'm just worried about the team."

"We'll be great," He laughs.

I shake my head as he begins to dawdle away and then he turns around and starts dancing and shaking his head and making growling noises and I giggle.

"You're such a dork!" I laugh.  And then he smiles and walks off leaving me all alone with a few heal flowers who are currently napping.

Then I hear a crash, and from miles away I see a missile with a trail of smoke right behind it.

It landed somewhere in the distance but it was close enough to get me up and worrying about the team.

Then a heard of zombies we're running towards me at full speed and bullets were flying. I started shooting and dodging them, I was able to weaken them while the two Chompers came to finish them off. I ran up and healed them, as Count Champlain used burrow to go eat a scientist in the distance and Chomp was hopping zombies and chewing their heads off, never actually eating them.

I kept my heal beam on Chomp and switched to Count Chompula every so often so I didnt look like I did favorites.

They both took down to all stars and then finished off the remaining engineer.

"That was pretty easy," Count said.

"Remember the Cactuses are sniping from above." I remind him and he nods his head.

"We'll need to get ready for the next wave," Chomp says. "Stay focused."

I see a garlic drone flying through the air and it flies over us, probably to go to Pea and the others.

"What do you think that's for?" I ask, but both Chompers shake their head.

The next few minutes were completely silent. I stood by the heal flowers,  and Count stood on a rock staring down the path that Pea and the rest of the team left to. And Chomp was at the stream drinking. I wanted to talk to him, but I thought it best to get to know my other teammate as well.

I hit him with my heal beam as I walk up so he knows I'm here and he won't get startled.

"Hey," he says while turning to face me.

"What's up?" I ask.

"Just thinking," He answered,  returning to stare down the path that everyone left.

"Can you tell me some more about yourself?" I ask.

He laughs. "I just got out the premature stage,  theres not much to know about me."

"There's always something," I smile at him.