Chapter 9

This is going to be difficult, Johnny thought as he ran his fingers through his hair.

He had organized a meeting with Doyoung for the next morning but a part of him was quite nervous. He knew if Doyoung had lied so easily without any of them noticing anything off, then Doyoung probably had many more secrets hidden.

Johnny's uneasiness spread towards his work, making it difficult for him to focus. He tried working on other cases but it was no use, there was no way he was doing more work that night.

Jaehwa had left, having to help out with her so called car wash but Johnny knew better than that. Everything about the girl during their first meeting made it quite obvious that she was part of a gang.

Johnny grabbed his phone, going through his contacts. He soon realized that he only had four numbers saved, Taeil's, Mark's, Donghyuck's, and Jaehwa's.

Great.

Johnny looked at the time, noticing it wasn't too late.

What to do?

Johnny typed into his computer, looking for the schedule. Once he found what he was looking for, he returned to his phone, sending one of his four contacts a message.

...

"How did Jaehyun deal with this?" Jaehwa groaned, staring at the bills that had came in.

Ten shrugged his shoulders. "Not sure but you better pay them. Last thing we want is the police coming here and arresting us all because you forgot to pay the rent for this place."

Jaehwa shot him a glare. "I won't let that happen."

Ten quickly realized his mistake, sensing that jail was a sensitive topic. "Sorry Jaehwa, dumb joke."

Jaehwa sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "It's alright, I know you didn't mean it."

Jaehwa had went home to change before going to the bar, feeling more at home in her regular clothes.

"Anyways, I'll deal with this later

"Anyways, I'll deal with this later." Jaehwa said, folding up the bill and placing it in her pocket. "I need to relax, this murder case is driving me insane."

"Did you find anything?" Ten asked. "Any closer to getting Jaehyun out?"

Jaehwa shook her head. "Not really. Just a bunch of things that make zero sense."

Ten slowly nodded his head. "I'm sure you'll figure it out."

"I hope so." Jaehwa muttered.

"Ten, come join us!" Winwin called, standing at a pool table on the corner with Yuta, beers beside them.

Jaehwa could feel Ten's eyes on her, silently asking for approval.

"Go, go enjoy your night." Jaehwa said, waving him off. "I'll be fine."