꧁ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝙰𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 ꧂

꧁ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ꧂

SKYLER JUMPED upon hearing the sound of someone banging against her door, immediately she wondered why she hadn't noticed before, cursing herself for letting her guard down while on the phone with them around her brothers.

The next thing Skyler knew, she heard a shout from outside her door, "SKYLER!"

The voice was familiar and she immediately recognized it as Stefan. What was he doing here? Why had he come to her room? Did he know?

Skyler scrambled to hang up the call, ignoring the confusion and concern spread across the faces of the Mikaelson family, she knew they would worry and she hated it. Hated worrying them but she couldn't ruin the plan.

Her brothers can't know about them.

"What do you want Stefan?!" She called back forcing her voice to sound annoyed and upset rather than weak, panicked, and tired. God, she was so tired...

Immediately the knocking stopped and she could easily hear him release a breath, her senses working harder to make sure she didn't make the same mistake again. "We need to talk." Skyler was relieved to hear his voice was no longer a shout, she didn't want to think of how that would hurt her ears right now.

Skyler scoffed as she straightened herself up on her bed, "We've talked plenty." Skyler said before she got off her bed and went to her vanity, bending down to see herself in the mirror and scrunching her nose upon seeing how disheveled her hair was.

As Skyler grabbed her brush and started brushing out her hair, Stefan spoke, "Look Skyler I'm sorry okay? I shouldn't have said what I said. It was a mistake and I..." Stefan paused, his voice cracking on his next words, "I'm sorry."

Skyler sighed and set her brush down before heading over to her door, unlocking it and opening it at a human speed. Stefan could wait a moment. He deserved to wait, she thought. Finally, she opened the door and looked at her twin, her lips pursed as she saw the sadness, concern, and pure guilt in his eyes.

She may be closer to Damon but Stefan was her twin. She could read him like an open book.

"You're a jerk you know that?" She asked rhetorically as she held onto the door handle despite it being pushed open.

Stefan sighed either out of relief or guilt, Skyler couldn't tell although it might have been both. "I know." He responded softly, "Can you forgive me?"

Skyler stayed silent for a moment, causing Stefan's nerves to spike, and then she spoke. "Of course I can Stefan. You're my brother. You're stupid sometimes-" Skyler paused to chuckle, "but you will always be my brother. My twin brother." Family was always and forever, right?

Stefan grinned happily, "Thank you Sky." Skyler couldn't help but grin at her twin.

Skyler then rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah dork. C'mere." She told him holding her arms out for him, Stefan smile grew as he gladly took the offered hug.

When they pulled away, Skyler let out a laugh as did Stefan, neither was sure why, they just did. "I've missed you Sky." Stefan told her softly.

Skyler smiled at her twin, this was the Stefan she knew, the Stefan she missed. "I've missed you too Stef."

Stefan immediately brightened at the familiar nickname, it was what Skyler used to call him when they were closer. He hadn't heard the nickname in far too long.

Damon smirked from the hallway as he leaned against the wall. "Well, well, well, the Salvatore twins are back." He spoke, causing the twins to jump, quickly turning to their brother who gave a smirk that hid his pride.

Skyler chuckled, "We're back bitches." She said as she gave Stefan a side hug.

Stefan rolled his eyes, used to her antics despite not being around her in a long time. "Yeah, we're back." Stefan agreed.

"Bitches." Skyler added nudging her brother who chuckled as Damon smirked.

"Alright, alright come on." Damon told the twins as he turned to walk away.

Confused, Skyler called after him, "Where exactly are we going, brother?"

Damon twirled (yes twirled, there's no other way to describe it.) around and grinned, grinned not smirked, Stefan was surprised by this, Skyler wasn't. "We have a Salvatore bonding day to get to, don't we?" Without another word, Damon sped down the stairs leaving Skyler chuckling as Stefan stared in shock.

"We'll come on twinsie, let's go." Yet another nickname Stefan hadn't heard in decades. This day was just full of surprises, wasn't it? As Stefan continued to stare in shock, Skyler made her way downstairs, she wasn't going as fast as she could however she wasn't walking at a human pace either.

Stefan shook his head shaking himself out of the zone he was in, his eyes widened when he realized Skyler had really walked away from him. He quickly rushed after his twin, going at a human run.

Once Stefan arrived in the living room where his siblings were, they were already sitting on the couch, drinks in both of their hands. Most would think they were both drinking alcohol however Stefan knew better. Despite being way over the legal drinking age, Damon never let Skyler drink around him, he still saw her as the little girl he had to keep safe. So did Stefan.

Stefan smiled softly as he watched his siblings take a sip of their drinks in unison as he walked over to sit down in the armchair.

"Well, there you are." Damon started with a smirk after he gulped down his sip of bourbon.

"We thought you got lost." Skyler added with a smirk that matched if not rivaled Damon's.

Stefan rolled his eyes at his siblings, "I was raised here, I think it's impossible for me to get lost in this house." Stefan replied as he grabbed the pitcher of water Damon had set on the table. He grabbed one of the Crystal glasses and filling it with water before setting the pitcher down and taking a sip. "Damon not let you drink bourbon with him?" He asked teasingly.

Skyler pouted immediately, "No he never lets me have any fun." She whined as Damon rolled his eyes.

"Well sorry I try to be a good brother." Damon sassed as he took another sip, his eyes widening when Skyler suddenly wrapped her arms around him with a grin.

"You're the best brother Dams." She told him softly.

Damon set down his glass and swallowed the sip of bourbon he had taken before speaking, "Yeah you're pretty great too kid."

꧁ 𝟷,𝟷𝟶𝟽 𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜 ꧂

Next Update
November 12th