・Chapter 5・

(Y/n) kept on running until her legs were too tired to continue. She stand on the abandoned street and observes her surrounding. "I can't' believe I just run out like that..." She hugs herself as she continues walking forward, "I-I can't believe dad and Mira will be attending the party." Looking up into the sky, she frowns at the thought of them, "Don't think that (y/n), of course, they won't care, they abandoned you." (Y/n) shakes her head and kept on walking along, kicking a couple of stones while doing so. The wind howls through the old, torn-down buildings and with the rain from last night, making it quite chilly. Stepping into the deep puddles of the rain, she sighs to herself. "I remember jumping in puddles as a child. Mom would always watch me, ha!" She jumps, creating a big splash, splattering her pants/skirt/dress wet. "Whoops... I'll change soon." She kept on walking, hopping into puddles along when she gets the chance. "If I had my raincoat, it would be much nicer. Feitan will probably call me an idiot if he sees this." Digging her hands in her pocket for warmth she hears something coming from a dark alleyway near her.

"I thought this place was abandoned. Maybe I should tell the bo-" "Meow..." (Y/n) pauses and stare at the dark alleyway, "Definitely not a human." The cry kept on getting louder, worrying her. "Couldn't hurt to... check it out." She slowly, but stealthily sneaks over there, peering in between the building. Of course, she saw nothing, but the light outline of a black, thin tail. It moves slowly, back and forth. Soon, two pair of greyish yellow eyes emerges, big and wide with fear. "Hello?" She calls out. A meow replies back and out limp a small cat. "Oh my god..." The cat's right, front leg was covered in blood. The fur was messy and red compared to its black fur. It cries out as it shakes. "Oh sh sh sh, it's okay, I-I'm not going to hurt you." Slowly nearing it, she takes small steps towards the little animal. "See? I am a friend." She places a hand in front of it. Its little pink noise comes near it, sniffing it. Looking up and looking back down at the hand. It takes another sniff, but this time, slightly touching it. Enough to feel the wetness of its little button nose.

"I am going to help you..." She takes a knee, slowly moving her hand towards its head, petting it gently while using her other hand to come near its injured leg. As soon as she wraps around it, the cat immediately with instinct jumps back and shakes more. "No no, don't worry little one." Attempting again, she holds out her hand, "I promise not to hurt you." Once again, the cat limps closer. Her hand wraps softly around the leg. (Y/n) close her eyes and concentrate her nen into it. Over time, the small feline feels it's leg to become more movable. The cat glance at its leg curiously, seeing a hand glowing bright green. It looks up at (y/n) and back down. Soon, the hand moves away.

(Y/n) smiles and backs her hand away, "See? Now you are all better!" One hand was covered in dried blood. The cat taps it's leg, realizing the pain is gone. It happily hops around for a test run. Looking up at its savior it smiles happily then comes over to her, rubbing its head against her knees as a sign of thanks. "Hehe, no problem. Hey, your chest it has... a skull!" (Y/n) lowers her head, "You remind me a lot of Fetain's mask!" Her hand move over, slowly lifting the cat up. The cat brought no harm as its feet lift off the ground. Standing up, (y/n) cradles the cat as observing its chest area. "Wow, I can't believe it. You're really unique and you got black fur and eyes like him. You look a lot like Feitan, but you aren't so grumpy as him." She giggles, "Do you have an own-" Her ears perk up hearing a noise deeper in the alleyway. The cat shivers and huddles more in her arms.

"Who's there." An unknown voice breaks through the darkness. "Oh, a little girl?" Two men emerge out. One was tall and skinny. His eyes were deep in his face with his cheeks bone shown clearly. The other one was shorter, plumper. His brows were furry with his lips formed into a smirk. (Y/n) backs away slowly, "Oh, I thought this town is abandoned..." The tall one scoffs, putting his hand in his pocket, "It is. We're just here 'cause we want to." The small one chuckles a mischievous echo, "Haha, what a pretty lady like you doing here?" They step forward closer. The shorter man sees the cat in (y/n)'s arm, his smirk instantly disappears, "Hey Joe, it's that cat that bit me!" Joe examines the cat in her arms, squinting for a better look, "Gosh damn, you're right, Bo! We give that rascal a good beating earlier, didn't we?"