~13~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

"Worthy? No, how could you be worthy? You're all killers." The robot said, and I felt Thor grab my bicep, pulling me back to him.

"Stark." Steve warned, but I could see Tony was already searching for what was going on.

"JARVIS."

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was a dream?"

"Reboot, Legionnaire OS, we got a buggy suit." I heard Tony say, and Steve looked at me, giving me a warning look.

"There was a terrible noise, and I was tangled in strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked, making the robot process the question, and look at him.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked, and I handed him Mjolnir.

"I see a suit of armor around the world." The robot responded, but it sounded like Tony instead.

"Ultron!" Bruce exclaimed, and I tilted my head in confusion, staring at the robot in front of me.

"In the flesh. No, not yet. Not this chrysalis, but I'm ready. I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" Natasha asked, and part of me wished she didn't asked.

"Peace in our time." Ultron responded, and before anyone could say anything, the Iron Legion bots smashed through the walls, attacking us.

Could I turn robots to stone?

There's only one way to find out.

A bot flew at me, and I stuck out my hand, grabbing it's head, and to my surprise, it turned to stone, dropping to the floor.

"We are here to help."

"Stark!" Steve yelled, and I turned another bot to stone, looking over at him, just in time to see him rip a bot in half.

Dang, Steve is strong.

"One sec, one sec!" Tony yelled, and I grabbed a bots hand, watching it try and process what was happening, while it turned into a chunk of rock.

"We are here to help. We are here to help."

I turned around to look for Thor, but he wasn't there, and my eyes widened, not knowing where he'd gone.

"Thor!" I exclaimed, and I heard his yell.

"I'm okay!"

"Cap!" Clint yelled, throwing Steve's shield to him, and I watched him take down the last Iron Legion member.

"That was dramatic." Ultron said, stumbling closer to us, and I felt a presence next to me, taking note that it was Steve.

"I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change." Ultron said, making me roll my eyes.

I wrapped my hand around Steve's forearm, and he placed his other hand ontop of mine, comforting me.

He's very sweet.

"How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron asked, picking up a dismembered Iron Legion bot.

"With these? These puppets? There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction."

Before Ultron could continue, Thor threw Mjolnir, smashing him into pieces, and ending his rant.

"I had strings, but now I'm free. There are no strings on me, no strings on me."