I am not crushing

"I can't do this."

Korra blinked in confusion, slowly digesting what just happened.

Asami kissed her.

Like for real kissed her.

And Korra liked it way too much.

Did Korra like Asami? But that... That was impossible. She sworn she'll never fall for anyone again, and it worked for two fucking years. So, in conclusion, it couldn't be right.

All she knew however, that she needed to kiss Asami again, otherwise she felt like she might die.

So she dipped in, capturing Asami's lips for another blissful and tender kiss. This kiss however, lasted for only a second or so, before Asami placed a hand on her chest and pushed her slightly, separating their mouthes.

"I just said I can't do this!" Asami exasperated, confused.

Oh, that's what she said?

"What do you mean you can't?" Korra asked, breathless. "Yes you can."

"No, Korra, I can't." She shook her head.

"You kissed me!" Korra protested.

"I– that was an instinct!"

"How is kissing me an instinct?"

"It's just is!" Asami pulled away completely, standing up and hugging herself with her back facing Korra.

Korra was stunned, she wasn't exactly sure what to do in that situation. On the one hand, she really wanted to resume kissing Asami, but on the other hand, Asami also looked really upset...

"Hey, it's okay," Korra said, getting up and placing a shoulder on Asami's shoulder, "we're just kissing, that's it."

Asami's eyes widened and she whirled in her direction, making Korra's hand fall off her shoulder in the process. "Are you serious?" She said in disbelief. "That's all you have to say to me?"

"I'm just trying to calm you down–"

"We just talked about how this can never happen because you never take what happens between you and other girls seriously," Asami reminded, as if Korra completely forgot about their earlier conversation, "so after denying all of that you say this? Do you realize how hypocritical that is?"

Korra flinched. "That's not hypocritical," she defended, feeling her temper rising, "you seemed overwhelmed and confused, and you said you couldn't do it. All I did was try to assure you that it's fine–"

"–Oh, yeah, I'm sure that's all fine with you." Asami said behind grit teeth. "If it was up to you, the two of us would've been fuck buddies long ago."

"Can you stop assuming that sex is the only thing I want?" Korra asked in frustration.

Wait... Isn't it..?

"Than what do you want?!" Asami exclaimed.

Korra was breathing heavily at that point, and Asami asking that question was not helping her. After all, he wasn't sure what she wanted herself. Did she actually want Asami? Not likely, right? Of course all she wanted was sex, right? That just had to be it...

So why it felt like the wrong conclusion?

She stayed silent,  how was she supposed to explain it to Asami when she couldn't even understand herself?