Chapter 47 - My Home

Warning: Mature audiences only!

Elena's POV

"Are you sure this is the place?" I question into the phone as I walk down the corridor of the 10th hotel floor.

"Yes, Sorella (sister)." Niccolo wines on the other end, clearly annoyed by me doubting him. I can hear the eye roll in his tone.

"How do you even know this?" I pause, skimming over the door numbers.

"I have my ways." He piped up pleasantly confident.

"He told you, didn't he?" Now, it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"I don't know what you're speaking of." He denied.

"Sure, you don't." I scoffed.

"So..." He began with a sonorous tone. "This is just a visit, right? You're going there, saying I love you, then walking right back out and coming right back here?"

"Goodbye, Niccolo!" I chanted, ignoring his comment altogether. I could hear his mumbling as I ended the call, halting in front of the hotel door I was in search of.

I slid my phone into my front pocket before rubbing the palms of my clammy hands against my jeans. No more running, Elena. No more...

I fisted my hand, knocking my knuckles against the door gently. I could feel the jitters bolting through me as I began shifting from one foot to the next. I could hear shuffling on the other side of the door. I heald my breath as I heard the audible clicks of the lock pertaining to the hotel door.

The door swung open to reveal the one I was in search of, dressed in a pair of jeans, an unbuttoned shirt that hung open to expose his naked torso, and a towel in his hand that he was using to dry his wet hair. Out of every possibility, he had to answer the door like this! The sight of him now was more erotic than having him fully naked before me. The avenues allowing the mind to wander is greater arousal than having it all confirmed without room to dream. For fuck's sake, really, Angelo?

"Elena? What are you doing here?" His eyes widened, clearly not expecting me on the other side of his hotel door.

The breath I was holding onto, released at an accelerated pace as I distracted myself by rushing past him into the middle of his hotel room.

"I cannot do this!" I huffed in exasperation, continuing to march my path further into his suite.

"Do what?" I heard him ask as the sound of the closing door followed.

"Souly trust you and believe in your word, Angelo!" I blurted out in despair, halting with my back still to him.

"You can't just swoop in and continue as nothing happened! Like you didn't break my heart! Like you didn't give up on me. On us!" I concluded, finally gaining the courage to turn on my heel and face him.