THIRTY-THREE

THIRD PERSON.

After the bands performance, finishing the rest of the show with Corbyn, the five of them headed off the stage with smiles on all of their faces.

And so the group headed backstage, Corbyn ready to introduce Kai to his band mates but as they reached the main area, Ashley was staring at Corbyn and Kai was no where to be seen in the room.

"What didn't click for you?" Ashley asked, "Did you set her up?"

"For what?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows as his sister stood up.

"For being found," she mentioned as Corbyn's mouth fell open before he covered it with his hand, "Randy is with her, have fun explaining that one to him."

"Well where are they?" He asked.

"Outside, where you parked the car." Ashley told him as he nodded, heading towards the exit of the building.

Leaving the building of the show they had just performed at, Corbyn walked over to Randy, Kai and the cops, a confused look on his face as Kai refused to look at the boy, "It wasn't her fault."

"We know," Randy replied.

"I'll take her back to her home state," Corbyn suggested, "She needs her car there anyway so me and the guys-"

"No, there is no me and the guys Corbyn." Randy interrupted him, "You went missing and didn't tell any of us where you were except Daniel, you put everyone at risk."

"I know and i'm sorry but-"

"We'll deal with-"

"Listen!" Corbyn interrupted Randy, "I'll take her with the guys and we will be back by Christmas Eve, I have one more place to go anyway so you'll know where I'll be."

Rolling his eyes, Randy gave Corbyn a small nod before waving the cops away, "Get the guys, you're leaving tonight."

"Can I just talk to Kai for two minutes?" He asked, receiving a nod from Randy as he walked off. As soon as Randy walked into the building, Kai backed away from the boy, "Kai I'm sorry it should've clicked."

"It's fine," she shrugged, "It comes with the whole dating a singer thing. Anyway you probably need to go perform elsewhere so don't worry about taking me back."

"Why are you suddenly acting cold?" He asked as she looked at him confused.

"How can I not?" She shrugged, "I'm glad you're happy and you love the life you have again but what about me? I'm going back to Lakeside and my dad won't ever let me leave again."

"I'm sorry I should've thought it through."

"It's why I said let's not go to California, why I wanted you to just drop me home first so we could've missed this whole thing," Kai shrugged, "Because they've now informed my dad and he's waiting for me to arrive there, so now I have to go back."

"Then tell him you don't want to be-"

"Corbyn you don't understand," she shook her head, "You saw the first time how protective he was, he turned you in so you couldn't convince me to leave, he won't let me see you again."

"You're 18, he can't control you." The boy argued as Kai shrugged.

"Just take me back," the girl mumbled, getting into the passenger side of the car as the other four band mates walked out the building.

"I love road trips," Daniel said, running over to the car as Corbyn sighed, "What did he say?"

"Nothing, he just said we need to leave now," Corbyn shrugged, getting into the car as the four guys managed to fit in the back of the car, "Uh, Kai that's Zach, Jack, Jonah and Daniel."

"Hi," she said, giving each of them a small smile as they all smiled back before Zach offered her some sweet tarts, "What are those?"

"What the heck," Zach furrowed his eyebrows, slowly moving the box away from her, "Corbyn why are you dating an alien.."

"She doesn't know what a lot of things are," Corbyn replied.

"Please tell me you know what chicken tenders are," Zach said as she nodded, the boy letting out a sigh of relief, "Thank god."

"Coffee?" Jonah asked as she nodded, "Amen."

"Apple juice?" Daniel asked her, "Kidding I already know you like it."

"Selena Gomez? Yes?" Jack looked at her as she looked at him confused, "No please tell you're kidding."

"I know who she is," Kai nodded and laughed slightly as Jack let out the breath he was holding in, placing his hand on his heart.

"Actually Corbyn now that I mentioned it can we stop for chicken tenders?" Zach asked as Corbyn nodded, beginning to drive their long journey to Lakeside, with a few noisy passengers in the back seats.

But Corbyn glanced at Kai, a frown on his face due to the fact that the girl wouldn't look his way, staring down at her lap as Corbyn placed his hand on her leg, hoping for a response from her.

And thankfully, Kai smiled slightly.

A/N

how do we feel about the boys coming along on the road trip HAHAHAHA