Chapter 5: Run along brownie boy, run along

Chapter 5| Run along brownie boy, run along

***

   "Seeing you hurts my brain."

   Aha, you stupid fuck! I always knew you hated me.

   "Well...Chris," he had the audacity to roll his eyes at me and I tried not to get offended. "You decided to walk out your office for once in a blue moon and be graced with my presence. I have a right to stand in this hallway and do my business. You're on my turf now," and I proceeded to find my textbooks for my next class.

   Look who's boss now.

   Chris rudely shut my locker whilst I was about to grab my Biology book and snickered at my squeak of shock from almost losing a finger.

   And to think, this guy was in charge of running a whole ass academy.

   "Actually Miss Losièr, you're on my turf. Which means you follow my rules." He glanced at his watch, straightened the collar of his charcoal blazer and motioned for me to walk with him with his index finger. "Now if you would please, I have a bone to pick with you,"

   Great. Another one.

   Sighing from the lack of freedom I had in this school, I pushed myself off my locker, completely forgetting about the Biology book sitting idle in the cold dark confines of my compartment, and followed the son of a gun down the hallway.

   This was the second time I had turned into his bitch.

   "No I do not please, but you already know that." The asshole smirked. "Speaking of bone picking, I haven't done anything since the last time you saw me, which was two days ago,"

   We passed the vending machine crowded with a group of teenagers trying to hack into it. Chris clapped once and everyone scattered away like he had the bubonic plague.

   "I'm well aware you've been keeping your fists to yourself and haven't been causing havoc in my school," pssh, his school. My look must have said enough as he sent me a dirty look. "This is my school, whether you want to admit it or not,"

   I snorted.

   "Stop that," ha! In your face headmaster of dicks, I made you insecure, don't know what for, you're tur-

   "You need to tutor Aurora Genovese." He got right to the point, I see.

   "Uh - what?"

   We continued down the path to god knows where he was taking me.

   "It is within the best of my interests that my students achieve nothing but the greatest and Aurora's in your class, I thought it would be nice of you to help her. Also, much to my dismay you're one smart girl," I flicked my hair behind my shoulder with a smirk. "Though quite clueless at times,"

   I blushed. "Flattery will get you nowhere,"

   He gave me a blank look. "Miss Losièr, I am this close," he pinched his thumb and index finger together. "This close, to calling your father after the little event that took place outside the dining hall two days ago. I'm presuming he will not be too happy to hear about your...mishap, again."

   "Well if you're going to put it like that," I muttered under my breath. "I guess I have no other choice,"

   Chris smirked. "Oh actually you do, it's either that or kitchen duty like last time."

   My head shot up and I darted to hide behind Chris, clutching tightly onto my bag, my eyes darting to and fro for a certain red-headed dinner lady to come storming down the corridor with a spatula. "Where is she? Is she hear? Can she smell me?"

   Chris clicked his tongue against his teeth and moved away, leaving me with no where to protect myself. So much for caring about his students.

   "Hey! Get back here, I know she can sense me,"

   Chris looked very unamused and fixed another one of his disgustingly bright coloured ties, this time it was magenta. "Don't be stupid Heidi, Marianne can't smell you, she's busy making today's cottage pie." I sighed in a little relief at the statement. The demon chef was preoccupied, thank fuck.

   We continued our nice little stroll.

   "That woman can smell fear from a mile away," I shuddered, flashes of mash potato flying and a wooden spoon covered in meat juice smacking me in the face. "She's everywhere..."

   "Do you want me to call your father?" He asked, smugly.

   "No!" I screeched, then collected myself. "I mean, there's no need. I choose to tutor Aurora, it's perfect. Thanks for the opportunity to redeem myself, I must go now and be redemp...ted," I was like a panther, swiftly gliding my way from out of his leash and escaping his clutches.

   Unfortunately, today was not my day. Chris hooked his finger onto the loop of my bag pack and pulled me back.

   "Not so fast," he continued, and began to practically drag me down the corridor. "You can spend the rest of this free period and the next one in the library now. Treat it like a warm-up,"

   Warm-up my ass.

   "But I was going to go get some brownies from the cute little bakery down the street," I moaned. "They're selling the limited edition half blondie, half brownie with hazelnut filling and Nutella. They even sprinkle on special chocolate chips for me,"

   "Tough luck, you're not going." Chris looked disgusted. "And eat something healthy, that sounds absolutely sickening,"

   This was a hate crime.

   "What happened to free will?" I scoffed, and crossed my arms. "I'll tutor Aurora for an hour and a half if you buy me a brownie,"

   "I see you and I raise you an hour and forty five minutes,"

   "Deal." And we shook on it like a couple of poker players. I don't really know if that's how it usually goes down. I've never played poker.

   Headmaster Chris finally unhooked his finger from the back of my bag allowing me to roll my shoulders from all the abuse. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a tutee to teach and time is money,"

   "You're not getting paid," he spoke, putting his hands in his pockets. Looking every bit like a model. Seriously why the hell did this guy choose to run a school? Out of all things. Was it some kind of social experiment? See how many teenage girls he could kill with his charm. He had no charm, just a really seggsy face.

   I waved my hand absentmindedly and began to walk into the double doors of the library. "Yeah, I know, but time is your money and you owe me some dessert. Run along brownie boy,"

   Now he was definitely my bitch.