7

18112020, 08.00, Unknown location
(1dfannnnxx sent me this suggestion so this is for you 😘)

"Good morning One Direction. There's a surprise for you in the living room." The same masked voice from their first day is heard and it wakes them all up.

Liam is the first one who runs out to the living room area. Niall is a close second and Harry stops to pound on Louis and Zayn's door to make them hurry before he proceeds to the living room.

His eyes grow wide when he sees the equipment there. Louis comes up behind him.
"What's the fuzz about?"

Zayn has also joined them.
"It looks like lie detectors.' He says and yawns.

"That's right! Follow the instructions and hook yourself up. If you answer my questions like good, honest boys I will let you go." The voice says, sounding excited.

They stare at each other in disbelief.
"We can't do this. We have no idea what kind of questions we'll be asked. There's so much we can't talk about." Liam says, being the voice of reason as always.

"Oh, come on! We're getting out of here. We can always deny everything later." Niall says.

"Yeah, let's do this. I want to be with my daughter." Zayn stresses.

Louis just shrugs his shoulders and Harry nods his head.
"Fine." Liam agrees.

They sit down on the five chairs placed next to each other. Liam picks up the instructions.
"Shirts off. It makes it easier to apply these." He says and they take their shirts off before he continues.
"Okay, this is the cardio-sphygmograph component. Wrap it around your arm like this."

Liam puts his on and the boys follow.
"It will measure our blood pressure and heart rate."

He continues to read the instructions.
"Ehm, this tube goes around your chest and the other one around your abdomen. They measure your breathing."

They place the tubes and Liam continues reading.
"The galvanograph section records the amount of perspiration produced. It consists of electrical sensors called galvanometers that are attached to the subject's fingertips. The skin of the fingertips contains a high density of sweat glands, making them a good location to measure perspiration. As the amount of sweat touching the galvanometers increases, the resistance of the electrical current measured decreases, and these changes are recorded by the polygraph."

"I didn't understand a word you just said." Louis snorts.

"Just put them on your fingertips like this " Liam explains.

When they're done the voice is heard again.
"Great. Let's test it out. Liam, is your name Liam Payne?"

"Yes." Liam answers.

"True. Zayn, is your name Zayn Malik?"

"Yes." Zayn answers.

"True. Niall, is your name Niall Horan?"

"Yes." Niall answers.

"True. Louis, is your name Louis Tomlinson?"

"Yes." Louis answers.

"True, finally, Harry is your name Harry Styles?"

"Yes." Harry answers.

"I'm sorry Harry, but that's a lie."

"What? Oh for christ's sake, fine, no. Technically my name is Harry Tomlinson." Harry sighs.

"Correct. I'll let that one slide. The polygraph is working as it should. Let's begin. Niall, do you think One Direction will get together as a band again?"

"Yes." Niall answers without hesitation.

"You're telling the truth. I'm glad."

They all get to answer that question and they all say yes and they're all telling the truth. If the questions are this easy they have nothing to worry about.
"Zayn, when One Direction gets together again, will you be a part of the group?"

Zayn hesitated and looks around at the boys.
"Honestly, I don't know. I would want to but I don't think I would be able to perform live." He says and looks sad.

"Just answer the question with a yes or no."

"Uhm, yes?" Zayn says, sounding unsure.

"Your answer is inconclusive. Moving on. Liam, are you still drinking?"

"No." Liam immediately answers.

"True. Niall, were you treated badly by your label and management?"

"Yes." Niall sighs.

"True. Louis is Freddie your biological son?"

Louis stays quiet for a long time before he finally answers "no."

"True. Louis, did Modest management set it up to hide your relationship with Harry?"

"Yes." Louis sighs.

"True. One last question Louis. Do you still love Harry?

"No." Louis immediately answers.

"That's false Louis, you're lying!"

"Fine, I love him like a band brother. Do you want to ask me if I love Niall too? Or Liam, Zayn?" Louis huffs.

"That won't be necessary. Harry, have you actually dated any of the girls you've been linked to?"

"No." Harry answers.

"True. Have they all been beards set up by Modest management?"

"No, some of them were just friends of mine." Harry sighs.

"True, were some of them beards tho?"

"Yes." Harry admits.

"True. One last question Harry. Do you still love Louis?"

Harry hesitates and bites his lower lip.
"No."

"That's a lie, Harry."

"Well, as he said, I love him like a band brother!" Harry tries to defend himself.

The voice stays silent for a moment before it's back.
"That's all the questions I have. Unfortunately, two of you couldn't tell the truth and therefore you're not getting out of here just yet."

"Oh, come on!" Louis protests.

"That's all for now. I expect you all to write new songs starting today."

They remove the equipment and Niall is complaining about the lack of breakfast. Liam looks like he's lost in thoughts. As they move to the kitchen he finally addresses what's bothering him.
"I don't get it. He could have asked us literally anything."

"So? I'm glad he didn't." Niall says with a shoulders shrug while he's roaming the fridge looking for food.

"Yeah, me too but, doesn't it bother you guys that he went so soft on us?" Liam questions.

"Speak for yourself, Payne." Louis snorts and grabs a box of cereals.

They sit down to eat breakfast.

09.51, Serious Organized Crime Agency

Chris is asking himself the same type of question. Something isn't adding up. He's missing something important. Liam is right. The kidnapper just had all five boys of One Direction strapped to lie detectors and he didn't use it to find out their darkest secrets.

Can he rule out some crazy fan? The kidnapper seems to really care about the boys. No, he can't rule out that. The One Direction fandom is really caring when it comes to the boys. A bit intrusive maybe but they wouldn't harm them intentionally.

The questions were about whether or not One Direction would get back together, their label and management, and if Harry and Louis still love each other. It sounds like someone who wants them to be able to be free. He can't rule out the fans. If he hadn't already gone through the employers of Modest Management he would suspect someone working there. It's time to take a closer look at the employers of their record label Syco.