Chapter 14: What's better than having a mental breakdown with snacks?

Chapter 14| What's better than having a mental breakdown with snacks?

***

It had been a week since I decided to lift my ass out of bed and go to school. My mother also played a significant part in that decision when she barged into my room like an animal, ripped open my curtains and beamed in that overly joyful voice of hers. "Rise and shine!"

I let out a noise coming close to a beach whale having an orgasm and shielded myself from the light with my duvet. "It burns!" I groaned. "Oh it burns!"

When I thought my mum had vanished from the face of the earth, I sighed softly to myself and tucked my body into the blanket further, resembling a burrito. I was cocooned in nothing but cotton fresh bliss. School who?

But then disaster struck...and the woman who I called mother yanked the duvet off my body, exposing me to the chilliness of my room, and cried in triumph.

"Mum! What the hell?!" I used my hands to cover my bare legs and torso since I usually slept in nothing but my underwear. Great, I was practically showing my mum some uncensored goodies. But then again - she did birth me. Still I'm expecting some money for this show.

"Up, up, up," she grinned before proceeding to beat me up with a pillow. "Get your butt out of bed and go to school,"

I let out a whine, in the midst of all the abuse. "But I don't want to!"

Mum jumped on top of me and almost flattened me into a pancake. "Oof," Removing the arm I was using to shield my eyes I peered at my mother with a scowl. "You're making it hard for me to breath,"

She grinned, leaning her chin on my boobs. "That's kinda the idea my sweetheart." I squawked at her. My mother ladies and gents. "I'm not going to get off until you agree to get your ass out of bed and take a god damn shower. You reek,"

I rolled my eyes. "You might as well kill me, seeing as I'm not getting up anytime soon,"

She raised a mischievous brow at me and my once so very cheerful and smug grin vanished off my face in an instant as I sent her a grimace. "Okay," she smiled all too casually. "I guess I'll just have to eat that warm full english breakfast all by myself,"

"I'm up!" I yelled pushing her off me. She rolled onto the other side of my double bed and lay there as if I stabbed her. "What are you waiting for, let's go," I cheered, grabbing a strewn hoodie from my chair before shoving it on.

But before I could escape to eat a hearty meal that would no doubt clog my arteries, mum grabbed my shoulders and steered me into the bathroom, rudely shutting the door in my face and ordered me to clean up.

What a hater.

Nonetheless I freshened up. Taking a quick shower since I hadn't had one all week. Disgusting, I know.

Oh yeah, how could I possibly forget to tell you about my fun little mental breakdown? So silly of me. I apologise.

Let me inform you about my personal self care week. [Insert peace sign and pouty face here].

Ever since the night I almost died, you know the one that ended with me being tranquillised (fun times), my body just instinctively shut down on itself.

I cried so much that I thought for a moment whether my mattress was soaked because I pissed the bed or if I really had been a sensitive little bitch and cried my bodily fluids away. Fortunately for the sake of my dignity, it had been the second one.