Chapter 23: Being a drug lord is not a hobby

***

"So how did they do it?"

"How did who do what?"

Detective Colby sighed. "How did your parents do it?"

My expression grew disgusted. "Ew, that's disgusting. What kind of detective are you?"

Detective Colby blushed and started fumbling. "I-no-that's not what I meant, I apologise, it came out wrong,"

That's not the only thing that came out wrong.

I leaned back in the painful plastic chair (very disappointing) and crossed my arms smugly. "I'm pretty sure that's what you meant," then I turned to the other burly detective in the room who was guarding the door. "Isn't that what he meant?"

He covered up his chuckle with a cough and sent me a small nod. "I think Colby needs to get his priorities straight."

I giggled and faced a very red, flustered cop in front of me.

Colby sent a glare to his partner, before sobering up and facing me. His blush still lingering. It made him look...cute. Like my primary school art teacher Mr Wilde. He definitely made my imagination run wild(e). Seriously, concentrating in his class was like trying to do your homework at a One direction concert.

"Miss Losièr, I'm not sure you understand how important it is that we find your parents and bring them back. More specifically your father," he opened a file in front of me, filled with various shots of my dad. He was on a really heated phone call in one. Another he was walking out a car with a cigar (that rhymed). Point is, dad looked like a drug lord and I was mildly surprised at the camera quality of these shots. Eight out of ten, they really captured the whole criminal vibe thing going on.

"You're right I don't understand any of this," I gestured to the dark spooky interrogation room we were sat in and leaned forward. "So why don't you explain it to me, seeing as your well acquainted with his...hobbies,"

Colby stared at me. Hard. "We both know this isn't one of your father's hobbies, Heidi,"

I shrugged. "Beats me, each to their own I guess,"

"You're father is a drug lord," Colby stated harshly. "Being a drug lord is not a hobby, he's a bad man,"

I narrowed my eyes. "I think I know my own father, detective." Nope, seems like I don't know who this man is.

He sat back and looked at me for a minute. Which was kinda awkward. When my shuffling became apparent he spoke up again. "Were you aware that your father is a drug lord, Miss Losièr?"

I looked down at my lap. "I-yes, obviously,"

"It seems by your reation to my previous statement, you weren't aware of the fact at all, were you?"

I scoffed.

"Were you, Heidi?"

I shot my eyes up to him with frustration. "No I was not. Are you happy? Congratulations, you know more about my dad then I do myself, good for you," I turned back to the other detective (who was definitely my favourite), "Can't you interview me?"

The corner of his mouth turned up ever so slightly.

"Look Heidi," Colby chided. "I'm not doing this to make you uncomfortable, I'm doing this to help you. The sooner we find your father the sooner we can shut this case and get him brought in. For good,"