Chapter-88

''This is isn't a request Sitara, its my will and I am going to act on it.'' Ranvijay declared his eyes piercing that of Sitara.

''I would still stick to my decision.'' Sitara replied

Veer looked from her to his brother, he was shocked to see someone standing against Ranvijay Rathore. He could see his brother's jaw ticking and knew it was time for the unexpected.

Ranvijay smirked, ''then you are cordially invited to my son's wedding next month. From this very moment , Chitra will be shifted to a room in Palace with no access to you.''

''I am her mother.''

''And I fear you might harm your own daughter.'' That came within a second. ''I am not use to a no, and you have no authority to refuse.'' Veer rubbed his forehead, the Ranvijay Rathore was back. ''You are dismissed.'' Sitara walked out after a bow.

''Bhai, you were harsh.''

''She asked for it. Just because of difference in social status and the so called class, she is refusing, Ananya wasn't a royal either. Yet she proved to be the best one for me. Chitra is Vansh's life, Now, let's pack-up. Our Princess will be back today, I hope she hasn't forgotten me.'' Veer nodded. Laddoo and Sona were returning after a month and a half vacation at Sona's maternal home. The Rathores had been missing their little Princess every moment. Since they got the news of her arrival, none wanted to miss the chance of getting their hold onto her.

***

Laddoo stared at everyone in amazement, she had turned four months and could manage a little twisting turning on her own. Her eyes moved one to other as they pleaded her to chose them. After few moments of deep brainstorming she decided to choose her great-grandfather. The moment Giriraj took her in his arms, he gave rest of the family, you are a waste look.

''Now he will walk on clouds for next few years.'' His wife taunted. ''Ranvijay, have you spoken to Sitara?''

''Wedding will be on the decided date.'' His eyes then moved to Sona. ''Sona, Chitra will stay in Palace hereon. I want you to make sure she is taken care of and the love birds don't see each other till married.''

Vansh heard all but chose not to react. Instead, he pretended busy talking to his little niece. Sona grinned wide. ''Don't you worry, I will keep an eye on them.'' Laddoo gave a loud squeal getting all attention. ''Vansh, stop touching her cheeks. She hates it.'' Ananya warned

''Doesn't matter, she will love it after few days.'' And she squealed louder next time.

''Why do you get so angry?'' Giriraj asked. She replied in her own words grabbing on to his clothes giving him her best smiles. ''She has grown more adorable. Hope she didn't cry much.''

Sona smiled. ''People of my estate gave her a nick name of chili, she gets angry at snap of fingers.''

Before anyone could open their mouth Shivangi Rathore said. ''Rathore anger is nothing to be proud about so don't boast.'' That bought immediate silence.

Later when alone, Ananya asked her husband. ''Aren't we tough on Sitara? Chitra is her only child.''

''She needs to miss her own child to realize what matters more, her baseless beliefs or Chitra's happiness. She was planning to take Chitra out and get her married. I mean who does that''

''Ranvijay, you and I both know that somewhere she isn't wrong completely. That how it has been for years and generations and it is still happening. She considers you her god.''

''I am no god, I am just her employer. Moreover, I treated her and others like family and expect the same from them.'' When he received no response, he turned towards her. Ananya stood frozen at her spot lost in her own world. ''Hey, she will come around.''