🌊 XII 🌊

"Below the surface lies beauty"

12|THE OCEAN'S BEAUTY

The light green eyes stare out into the ocean as she walks there. The sand clings to her feet and gown as she walks to the ocean. No matter how much she would deny it, she does feel like she is walking home and perhaps she is. What Isolde does not know is how much her soul belongs down there and only in the ocean blue is where happiness will find her and gift her the endless love that it has to offer. Not knowing why it calls out to her, she can only feel that it does and she is answering the call.

Defeating the evil that threatens to terrorize the world with cruelty is what she must stop. Her feet make contact with the water and the feelings of joy run up her entire body with this euphoria that can only tell her that the goodness is winning. The deeper that she goes the more the fear that once was in her bones starts to disappear as if it was never there at all. The world around doesn't seem to matter to her anymore. It is not that she has reached into the water where now her toes can't reach the bottom anymore and she starts to swim that she turns around after having heard the chirping from birds.

The world begins to move like it had done. The trees sway back and forth by the soft breeze of the wind, animals are starting to act normally and moving. A smile comes to Isolde's face when she watches this and yet she doesn't walk back to the sandy beach. Not only because she fears that this might happen again but also because being in the water makes her feel safe and it makes her feel powerful. No matter how vulnerable she may seem swimming there.

Her eyes catch the sight of Thomas walking towards the ocean and their kiss flashes before her mind's eye but she refuses to even acknowledge that it had happened, saying to herself that it is best to imagine that it had never happened. Though at the right moment she would avenge it and make sure that he will punished for it. The thought about it, the thought of making him pay for it attempts a smirk to her face, but she doesn't smirk, she doesn't show any emotions on her face as Isolde is not keen on the idea of him teasing her about it.

She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest when she sees the smirk that comes to his face when he stands in front of her. As he is taller than Isolde he is able to stand on the sandy bottom of the ocean, and also the ocean is helping him. Though it is also making sure that her head does not go down under the surface. "I believe it is your fault that I have been rescued" He says to her and she glares at him.

"I suppose the stories have been turned upside down. You are the Demon in distress and I am the Princess with a crown that rescues you" Isolde says with a smirk. Not even sure why she is still in the water. Her feet are starting to grow tired yet she can't help but continue to want to be there. Perhaps it is because as soon as she walked into the ocean the monster was defeated and she is the one that did it. Only by walking to the water, it is strange to her but she will not question it, not yet anyway. "I am not a Demon" He tells her.