CHAPTER 71

The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.

Ruhee sat back on the throne and let out a tired sign. Aayan looked at her and smiled. He sat next to her, 'Tired?' He asked her. Ruhee nodded her head. He picked up a water bottle from the side and opened it to hand it to her. Ruhee accepted the water and drank it, 'It's my wedding and I was feeling very happy to invite all my relatives and friends. But who knew inviting so many would mean having my legs broke and smile stretched. It's so tiring to be a bride.' Ruhee complained to Aayan.

Aayan smiled at her and was about to open his mouth when Ruhee immediately stood up with a smile on her face. Aayan looked at the direction and saw some boys and girls walking towards them, 'Oh Hey!! So glad you could make it.' Ruhee said to them. They all smiled and nodded their heads and looked at Aayan, 'Oh Yes. Aayan, these are my middle school friends Alvin, Hassan, Kavita, Sam, Swathi, Shree and Owais.' Ruhee introduced them to him but a particular name striked his head.

Aayan narrows his eyes on Owais. Aayan remembered Ruhee mentioning him to be her first love. Aayan quickly grabbed hold of Ruhee's hand and intervened his fingers. Their eyes landed on the conjoined hands and Ruhee felt awkward. She nervously laughed at them and tried to free her hand but Aayan didn't budge, he kept his eyes strained at Owais, 'Please get ready for the photograph.' They heard the camera man say and they all went to stand next to them to take a picture. The boys stood next to Aayan and the girls next to Ruhee.

After clicking the pictures they congratulated the couple and walked away. Ruhee turned to Aayan and asked, 'What was that about?' 'What?' He asked acting clueless. Ruhee lifted their hands and showed to him, 'This.' 'What? I can't even hold my wife's hand.' He answered as more guests came to meet them. Ruhee signed at him as she greeted the guests. Aayan knew exactly what Ruhee meant, he was just marking his possession in someone's mind that now Ruhee was his.

Something is surely wrong with him?

Ruhee was gonna ponder on that thought but it left her mind as soon as she saw her girls walk up the stage. But what was most exciting was that they had come along with her entire class. All the 29 friends from her class were excitedly walking up the stage and one by one came to congratulate Ruhee. All the girls had ganged up around Ruhee and Aayan. Ruhee was super happy and thrilled while Aayan was feeling so intimidated, and who wouldn't when you are surrounded by 29 college girls.

'Mashallah Ruhee, you look fab!!!'

'Congratulations!!!!!!!'

'OMG, you are also a Mrs. now!!!'

'Your dress is gorgeous!!! You are gorgeous!!!!'

'You both look so good together!!!'

'May Allah bless you both!!!!'

Compliments and congrats were being thrown at them. Ruhee had a full blown smile on her face but Aayan, he looked like a deer caught in front of headlights. The camera man asked the girls to stand for a picture and they all gathered around the couple. Aayan stuck close to Ruhee as some girls had to stand next to him. When the camera man said cheese was when Aayan's horror was recorded. All the girls on the stage stared hooting and screaming and Aayan looked like he wanted to run away.

Once the picture was taken, they all wished them a happy married life and left except for the trio, 'Are you okay, Aayan?' Aina asked him and he turned to look at her startled. Aayan still had an horror expression on his face. He calmed down seeing it was just these three and let out a breath, 'Yeah, just that...' Aayan started and looked at the direction his wife's classmates left, '....you have a very big class.' He completed. Ruhee was containing her smile along with the girls. She looked at them and noticed a sour vibe around Jian, 'You okay, Jian?' She asked her.