An evening ending in bliss...(ch.5)

Until James had come, it was peaceful, quiet. Then he brought his friends along and that all changed.

"See, i told you she'd be here."James said sitting next to Lily putting an arm around her, to which she replied by shrugging him off and rolling her eyes. You were too busy to notice that a sparkle shone over Sirius' silver eyes when he saw you there too.

Sirius was an off one for you to read. A lady's man yes but, he was more than that. Though you didn't want to admit it, he and James were both ridiculously funny. He had the full attention of the school, yet he never truly looked happy. Maybe you were just seeing things but, he just always looked like he was looking for something more, like he wasn't really content with the life he was leading. You usually just ignored him, not wanting to feed his ego even more.

"And would you look at that, (y/n) happens to be here as well. what a lucky coincidence" James said, in a not so convincing tone. The other boys also sat down. Remus and Peter sitting opposite you & Sirius sitting next to you.

"You know my name? How do you know my name?" you asked getting another cig from your pocket and lighting it. Sirius just looked at you hopefully. "I'm guessing you want one then," you said half in question and half as a statement.

"Oh well i'll not refuse" he said a smirk on his face. You pulled out another cigarette and lighter for the last time, putting the cig in your mouth and lighting it for him, taking a quick breath before passing it to him.

His heart practically skipped a beat, he had never been more turned on his life through something so non-sexual. Obviously the long haired boy didn't want to cause a scene, no he could never handle embarrassment, so played it off cool.

"And of course we know your name, i mean you put someone new in the hospital wing every week so we kind of have to"James said jokingly, to which you gave him a glare. His face went bright red and he looked down. You all chuckled a bit at his reaction.

"So what are you doing here anyways , I'm trying to study."Lily huffed.

"You're always trying to study."Sirius said still gazing at you, however you didn't notice this as you started to daydream. You did this a lot when you were surrounded by a group of people, mostly when you were bored or tired. It's not that you didn't like the boys that you were surrounded by it's just, you were already so drained.

"Y/N?" Lily asked, clearly you had missed the conversation due to being in your own head.

"Hm? " you asked turning to look at her.She side smiled at you, realising you weren't listening.

"I asked if you know what colour an amortentia potion turns when brewed correctly, i have a feeling were gonna need to know and we have potions tomorrow"

" i hardly think you are going to need to know it but it should be a pink or purple."You replied uninterestedly. Everyone was staring at you again."What?"

"Brains and beauty eh?" James whispered, gently elbowing Remus in the rib. You just rolled your eyes, making Sirius stifle a laugh. For the remainder of dinner, you were all just talking, laughing and just enjoying yourself. There was a debate going on between you all, Peter, James and Lily on one side and Remus, you and Sirius on the other.No one actually won the argument, you all just agreed to disagree.

"We definitely won" Sirius whispered in your ear. You laughed quietly

"I'm pretty sure no one won, thats kind of the point of 'agreeing to disagree'" You whispered back to him in his ear. He laughed back.For the first time, in a long time you were actually happy. Thinking about it for a second, you weighed out whether you should stay with them for a while or just go to your room and sleep. You decided on the latter.

"Well i better get going,"You said getting up "Bye" You were about to turn on your heels when you got shouted at by all of them.

"No you can't leave me alone with them. Please stay a little longer." Lily pleaded.

"That was just pure rude Lily, it's a good job you'll be my future inlaw " Sirius stated, as Lily went bright red and James blushed slightly, looking down at the girl next to him. "But anyways, i mean she's right, you should stay"

You crossed your arms and sighed. You wanted to stay, but you were just too tired

"Sorry, maybe another time"

"fine, you should hang out with us more though, it's makes the group and even number."Sirius confessed as James snaked his arm around Lily one more time, this time she left it there not moving away from him.

"Whatever" you smiled at him "Bye" you said before turning around and walking away. You could've sworn you heard them shout something as you walked off but you chose to ignore it. Whilst walking to your common room you still had a smile glued to your face. Then, remembering everything else, it soon faded away. Once again feeling nothing. Usually, when you'd feel like this you'd resort to the only thing you knew you could do to feel something. It wasn't good and didn't make it better but, you still did it anyways.

"SIRIUS WANTS TO MARRY YOU AND HAVE YOUR KIDS!"James shouted from top of his lungs. Sirius dove onto James pinning him to the floor, to which both Remus and Peter had to pull him off before Sirius killed him. Lily just sat there laughing at all of them. Mostly at James because of his high pitched screaming. The 'fight' turned into both the boys hitting each other faces away from each other. 'Not the face' they both shouted at eachother.

Both boys got up and were separated by Remus and Peter.

Remus standing between them, it helped that he was taller than both of them. Now, you wouldn't think Remus could be intimidating, however he definitely could. Both James and Sirius huffed sitting down again,

"Can i just say that i am massively sorry for shouting to your girlfriend that you want to marry her and that the whole pinning me to the floor and scaring me to death was not necessary. Like in the slightest" James said sarcastically.

"No? Huh,i thought you'd love it," he grinned "and she is not my girlfriend"he said smiling to himself.

"not yet" All 4 boys laughed.

"I'm not gonna sit here and listen to you all talk about my friend like that" Lily said getting and and finding her bag

"Oh c'mon Lils we're only joking, where are you going anyways?"James questioned.

"I'm going to find a place to actually study, you know the reason i came here in the first place" she huffed walking off.

"Oi what you smiling for?"James directed at Sirius.

"Am i not allowed to smile prongs? besides I'm just looking forward for the year ahead.I have a feeling its going to be a good year" he said smirking.

(Authors note) i haven't posted for a few days coz of school but i now have a week off so even more time to write.i hope you liked this chapter, and my story so far have a terrible day (: