Chapter 14

~POV switch to y/n~

"Last day of school before Christmas break!" You yell as you hop in his car to ride to school. You're wearing a Christmas sweater and your cheeks are rosy with Christmas spirit.

"Jesus," he says, surprised at your volume.

"Are you not excited?"

"I am excited but not at this time of morning. Oh, I forgot to ask you! There's a Christmas festival that goes through town every year, so you want to go tonight to kick off break?"

"Are you kidding? That sounds like so much fun!"

"Yay I'm glad! There's food, and games, and rides."

"Games? Are you going to win me a prize?"

"Oh god the pressure is on! I guess I've got to now." You laugh and joke and talk about the fair the rest of the way to school. After school, you sit at home wondering what to wear. You decided to go at 5, when it got dark, so you have some time to get ready. You pick out a sweater and some boots and put on some light makeup. Your phone buzzes with the message he is outside. You grab an over-the-shoulder bag and run out the door.

When you get to the fair, the lights look like colorful fairies, bobbing and wearing around. Tommy bought the tickets while you got some kettle corn and cotton candy. When you meet back up, he puts his arm around you to protect you from the cold. You look up at him and fall a little deeper in love, his face lit up in multicolor with pink cheeks and ears bitten by the cold. He looked at you and you didn't look away; you just smile. You get to a game where you knock down milk bottles, and you buy a dozen balls. You laugh at each other because neither of you could aim. "Let's find a game that requires less skill," you say. You keep walking and talking, nibbling on your treats as you go. Tommy finds one of those games where you compete to blow up the balloon. You get a head start, but as soon as he starts to lose he hugs you to restrict my arm movement. "Stop! This is sabotage!" you giggle. You win anyway and win a teddy bear, which you give to Tom. He looks at you with the cutest little expression so you say, "What? Chivalry isn't dead." 

"All right, my turn," he says. You walk over to a 'test your strength' booth. 

"Are you sure this is the right game?" you ask. 

"I may be a gamer, but I'm not that weak." He hits the pad with a comically large mallet, and surprisingly gets into the 'medium prize range'. He looks as shocked and delighted as you are when he turns around. He picks a pink bear that's a third of your size. 

"You're the best boyfriend ever," you tell him. 

"I try," he says. You throw away your empty popcorn bag and head in the direction of the ferris wheel. You hold on tight to your bear in one hand and hold Tom's hand with the other. While waiting in line, you talk about the end of the first semester and all the good memories from school. "It's crazy that you've only been here for four months."

"I know! It feels like way longer." You sit in the carriage and he puts his arm around you. "I'm so lucky you were my neighbor."

"I'm so glad you walked into my life." He says looking at you. You pause a moment, taking in the view at the top of the ride.

"I know I say this a lot but you know you're the best right? Like I don't know anyone more kind, considerate, and just amazing in general." The soft expression he held caught you off guard.

"I... I can't even say anything to that." He sounds like he's about to cry. "I literally don't deserve you." You snuggle closer as a breeze chills us.

"I love you," I whisper. He doesn't respond, so you think he doesn't hear you. Then, 

"I love you too." He takes you in his arms and holds you tight. You tuck into his embrace and take him in. His smell, his warmth, the way the night feels. You never want this moment to end.

A/N Just some fluff today. Then again, it's always fluff. If you want me to write something in you can give me suggestions but otherwise I might end soon because I'm running out of ideas :/ Also we are like way over 2k reads right now and I thinks that's pretty pog so thank you :)