Chapter 11

Jaehwa's head was hurting. It seemed like every time they tried to reveal another piece of information, they would find something else instead. The story was getting more and more complex with every person they met, and it was becoming quite painful for her.

"You probably want to hear my story, my relationship with Dowon, don't you?" Taeha asked.

Johnny nodded his head. "Yes, that would be ideal."

"I would love to chat but not today. I simply have too much to do. Let's exchange numbers and set up a meeting." Taeha suggested.

"Sounds like a plan."

Jaehwa watched as the two exchanged phones just as the food arrive. The four of them decided to talk about mundane topics, putting the murder case aside for the time being.

Once they were done, they paid for their food before heading outside.

"I'll be going now." Taeha said, giving them a smile and a wave.

Jaehwa waved back while Johnny let out a deep sigh, running his fingers through his hair.

"Back to the station?" Mark asked.

"You betcha."

...

Jaehwa opened her eyes to see that it was only Johnny there, typing away on his computer. The sun had set and Mark was no where to be found. The only light was coming from the lamp on the corner of Johnny's desk.

I must have fallen asleep.

Jaehwa felt something heavy around her shoulders and realized it was Johnny's suit jacket. The last thing she remembered was resting her head on Johnny's desk for a bit.

"You're awake." Johnny said, eyes till glued to his screen.

"How long was I out for?" Jaehwa asked.

"A few hours. Are you sure you still want to go out tonight?"

Right, they were supposed to go to the club.

"Yeah, it's not that late anyways." Jaehwa said, standing up. She took off Johnny's jacket, passing it to him.

Suddenly, she was reminded of a task that she had completely forgotten and was glad she remembered it then. Any later and she could have been in big trouble.

"Hey Johnny, can you help me with something later?" Jaehwa asked, making the male look away.

"Sure, what is it?"

"I need to pay the bill for the bar we use for our car wash." Jaehwa said, biting her lip. "Normally Jaehyun does it so I'm kind of confused."

"Sure, do you have it on you?" Johnny asked but Jaehwa shook her head.

"No, I left it at home."

Johnny nodded his head. "That's fine. I'm almost done so just give me a few more minutes and we can go."

"Go?" Jaehwa asked, confused. Johnny narrowed his eyes at her.

"Yeah, go to your place. So I can help you with the bills."

This time Jaehwa was giving Johnny a look. "You're going to go to the club like that?"

"Oh definitely not." Johnny quickly replied. "My clothes are in the car. I was planning on going straight from work."

"Oh. Alright then." Jaehwa said. "Hope you can follow my bike though."