𝟐𝟖

a/n: charlotte's outfit for the day on the left and dress for the masquerade on the right!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓━═☆

Charlotte walked downstairs, accompanied by Stefan, whom she had just woken up to hear what Caroline had already told her and Damon, just as Damon handed the blonde vampire a glass of blood, "Here."

"I am still shaking," She sighed before drinking.

Stefan asked, having just stopped in the living room with Charlotte, "What happened?"

"Go ahead, tell him," Damon motioned for Caroline to start, turning to Stefan with his usual smirk on display, "You're gonna love this."

"I saw Katherine today."

"Where?"

Caroline answered, lowering her voice at the end in embarrassment, "At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt."

Charlotte contained a small smile from escaping as Caroline told them, with too many details, about what happened and how she had to use the bathroom, "Skip the teen drama and get to it," Damon rolled his eyes, urging her to get the interesting part of the story.

She nodded, shaking her head at herself, "Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go because I'm a doofus."

She told them how Katherine showed up, pretending to be Elena when she was in the bathroom and how she had her figured out quickly before stopping at the part where Katherine wanted her to deliver a message.

"What was the message?" Stefan inquired, raising his eyebrows.

Caroline continued, quoting her words, Tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone, or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood.

"Tell him the rest of it," Charlotte spoke up, turning to Caroline.

"She wants it tonight, at the masquerade ball."

Stefan nodded, dictating, "She wants to do it in public," He paused, revealing, "Killing Mason threw her off guard."

Damon nodded, adding, "She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate," He finished with a clear as day proud smirk, "She's out of tricks."