Chapter 9

Rebekah walked over to Elena and held her down the second she tried to leave. "No, you're staying here. My brother seems to need your blood. And he is going to get it" 

"Why do you listen to him? If he keeps you carted around in caskets?" Elena questioned.

"Because she hopes one day he will respect her. And because he's the only one she knows will stick around once they get to know her. Even if sticking around means daggering her or killing men to save them from an eternity of her company." Stefan said with a smirk

Rebekah sped over to a glass and threw it at Stefan, who caught it easily. "You complete arse!" She scowled darkly and went back over to Elena.

"You know its true" Stefan said and looked over at his brother's unconscious form

Bonnie blinked slowly as she listened to Stefan and Rebekah. She never heard Stefan like that. So careless about the people he was hurting. Not that she particularly cared for this person specifically but that was beside the point.

Elena tensed up as Klaus came back in. She was feeling slightly tired from the blood draining. She wanted nothing more right now than for Damon to wake up and get her out of here. Well, that was a lie. She wished Stefan would. But his humanity was currently off, so he didn't care about her.

Klaus approached Elena and looked at the nearly full blood bag. "You know. If this works I will have officially discovered your purpose." He smirked and touched a strand of her hair.

Bonnie had been trying to silently think of a spell she could use to wake up Damon, but so far she had nothing. It was clear this witch was far more experienced than her. "What are you even trying to do?"

Klaus didn't glance in Bonnie's direction as he pulled the neede out of Elena's arm and placed a small gauze over it. "None of your business. Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Stefan, watch them will you? Make sure they don't get into too much trouble. Especially the doppelgänger."

"I'll watch over them" Stefan said with a nod and set his glass down. It wasnt like he had a choice anyways. Otherwise, he'd get the hell out of town. Go to New York or something.

Klaus gave him a nod and took the blood bag with him outside while he waited for Hope. She was essentially the only person he actually tolerated at the moment. He thought making Stefan turn off his humanity would've turned him back into the old friend he once knew. Yet it seemed he only grew dull with what was meant to be an enhancement.

Hope finished up cleaning the blood off the floor and found a shirt from one of the rooms. Klaus' shirt.  She changed into it before heading back downstairs and out of the house. "I hope you dont mind, I borrowed a shirt here. It was better than wearing one covered in blood" she told Klaus. It was a bit big on her since he was half a foot taller than her. "If I'm going to stay here, I definitely need to get new clothing."

Klaus looked over at her and smiled slightly. "I do not mind. Keep it if you'd like." He was never one to care for material possessions unless they were works of art or weapons. "If you want, I can take you out to purchase some things later after we test out our theory with Elena's blood."

"Thank you" Hope nodded gratefully. She was feeling a little more like she was at home. Though her heart still hurt a lot as she tried to do the right thing. "I would appreciate that. So where would he be?"

"You're welcome." Klaus said glancing over at her. "I haven't the faintest idea. But we could check his house. Even if he isn't there, his mother is bound to know where he is." He was hoping with all his might that this actually worked. If not, he wasn't sure what he would do. He knew he would keep trying. But he would be completely at a loss of where to continue.