14

This little thing! Why did he suddenly mention this?!!!

Lin Qingqing looked at Yi Zeyan. He folded his legs on the sofa and sat in an elegant posture with the English book spread out on his lap. But his attention wasn't on the book at the moment. Although he still kept his head slightly lowered, his eyes looked at her.

His mouth was slightly crooked and his eyebrows were arced elegantly. His smiling expression gave Lin Qingqing an even more unfathomable feeling, and she was almost embarrassed to death.

Then she looked at the little guy. He still looked at her eagerly. Children didn't have as many twists and turns to their words compared to adults. They called a spade a spade. Like is like. Dislike is dislike.

Although Lin Qingqing was extremely embarrassed, she couldn't bear seeing the disappointment on the little guy's face, so she agreed to it after much thought. Ignoring Yi Zeyan's questioning eyes, she said: "Okay, I'll accompany you to watch."

Relieved and very happy with her answer, Xiao Yuan took her hand and dragged her upstairs where she accompanied him back to his room to wash and change into pajamas. Moments later, freshly bathed and feeling chipper, the two of them entered Yi Zeyan's room. Yi Zeyan had also finished washing up and was sitting on the bed. Directly opposite him was a wall-mounted LCD TV playing the cartoon that she and Xiao Yuan had just watched. He paused the animation to the scene where it was paused downstairs.

Lin Qingqing was puzzled. He'd been reading books the whole time. Why did he know exactly where they stopped watching?

Brushing her thoughts aside, she glanced around. Yi Zeyan's room was very large. The decoration was mainly black and white; simple but neat. While she was admiring the decor, Yi Beiyuan already climbed onto the bed first and sat down beside his father. He patted on the other side and said: "Mom you sit here."

Yi Zeyan folded several pillows behind him and half rested on the bed. The quilt was pulled halfway up his body. His one hand rested behind his head while the other was casually draped on the quilt.

His eyes were closed as if he were asleep.

Lin Qingqing hesitated before she went to the little one and sat down. The little one took the remote control and pressed it and the cartoon that had just been watched continued.

But, in no time at all, he became sleepy. His eyes drifted closed as he leaned against the bed and he immediately fell asleep.

Lin Qingqing glanced at Yi Zeyan. Suddenly, the man with his eyes closed slowly opened his eyes. However, he didn't look at her. Instead he squinted at the TV in front of him.

Soft light swathed the room with a warm glow while the TV blared in the background. All in all, it created a cozy atmosphere, but she began to get nervous somehow. Afraid of waking Yi Beiyuan from his peaceful sleep, she asked him in a low voice: "Do you want me to carry him to his room?"

He didn't look at her. His narrowed eyes were still watching the TV and he just said in a lazy voice: "No. Let him sleep here."

The room was filled with light and sounds and Xiao Yuan was with them. But all of a sudden Lin Qingqing felt that everything was sucked from the room and all that remained was the quiet stillness of the night. And in that quiet stillness, only she and Yi Zeyan remained. Bit by bit, she began to feel more and more flustered.

"That... Then I'll go back to my room first." She opened the quilt to get out of bed when she heard Yi Zeyan behind her say:

"You haven't answered the question I asked you just now."

Lin Qingqing stilled in her movements. The question he asked just now...... naturally, she knew what it was.

"Do you really like me?" He asked again.