65

" 𝑯𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒅, 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌? "

Christmas had been good, Narcissa had gifted me a new cage for Fragment, which of course she loved. We were back at Hogwarts and saying excited was an understatement, I was ecstatic to see Pansy. I had missed her and I had a lot to tell her, we were always happy to see each other after breaks but this time I felt more happy than usual. I was running down the hall ways, pushing past random kids to get to the Great Hall. I ran in pausing to look around 'Come on' I muttered under my breath searching the Slytherin table. 'There' We met eyes at the same time and I ran towards her giving her a huge hug.

'I missed you' I murmured into her robe, 'You too. Merlin I missed you' She sighed hugging me tighter. 'It's good to be back' I admitted looking to Blaise and Theo. 'Hug's?' Theo asked and I nodded running to those two to hug them. 'Hell I even missed Crabbe and Goyle' This made everyone laugh and Draco smile a little. Over dinner I told Pansy everything, having to lower my voice about most parts but she sat listening and when I finished all she did was hold my hand tighter letting me know she was with me all the way. I then listened to her break and how it had gone and how her parents had kept going off, she had assumed they were death eaters but still hoped they weren't. Dumbledore made a speech about trust looking at me with a glisten in his eye, the more I listened to him though, the more I didn't want to help murder him.

| 3 weeks later |

I was tired, I had exams coming up and I was under a lot of stress, Draco and I were visiting the room of requirement every other night trying to fix that damned wardrobe so due to the stress I had decided to go for a walk. I was walking down the steps, to go into the forest behind Hagrid's I only looked over to Hagrid for a second but I couldn't help it, he was stood there and appeared to be, mourning? I tiptoed over, gasping and covering my mouth when I saw the huge beast before him 'Hagrid. What the fuck?' I exclaimed. The huge oaf turned his eyes teary, 'I've lost me oldest friend' He admitted with a huge blow of his nose. 'A...spider?' He nodded. I was hesitant but I moved towards him. 

'Merlin's beard!' Professor Slughorn's voice echoed, he had basically said the same thing of me just in a different format. We both turned, I locked eyes with my brother but he seemed off, he didn't sneer or roll his eyes, Hell, he didn't even look mad. He was...smiling? We bowed our heads to each other and I turned back shaking it off. Hagrid and Horace talked, The professor extracting something from him and returning scurrying back over. 'Would you like me to say a few words?' He asked Hagrid who nodded blowing his nose once again. I shared a smirk with my brother but we both tried to straighten our smiles.

'Farewell...' Hagrid sniffled before answering 'Aragog' The professor took a deep breath. 'Farewell, Aragog' I looked down at the floor 'King of the arachnids' Who knew I'd be spending my refreshing walk at a spider funeral. 'Your body will decay, but your spirit lingers on' I looked up into the spiders eyes, they were lifeless and sad; I couldn't help but imagine that soon, Dumbledore would have the same look in his eyes. 'And your human friends, find solace, the loss they have sustained' He finished and we all stood in a moment of silence.

I was curled up on Fang's bed with him, I was tired but I didn't let myself fall asleep. I just looked asleep to everyone else who was singing and talking. It wasn't long before Hagrid dosed off as well. 'It was a student who gave me Francis. One spring afternoon, I discovered the bowl on my desk... With just a few inches of clear water in it... And floating on the surface was a flower petal. As I watched, it sank. But just before it reached the bottom, it transformed into a wee fish. It was beautiful magic. Wondrous to behold. The flower petal had come from a lily. Your mother. The day I came downstairs, day's the bowl was empty. That's the day your mother...' I felt a tear fall down my cheek. 'I know why you're here, but I can not help. It would ruin me' I frowned.

'Do you know why I, we, survived professor?' My brother asked him 'The night I got this' I assumed he pointed at his scar making my own tingle. 'Because of her, because she sacrificed herself, because she refused to step aside. Because her love was more powerful than Voldemort' The professor took in a quick scared breath. 'Don't say his name' I cuddled into Fangs for support. 'I'm not afraid of the name, Professor. I'm going to tell you something, something others have only guessed at. It's true. I am the Chosen One. Only me and my sister  can destroy him. But in order to do so, I need to know what Tom Riddle asked you that night in your office all those years ago. And I need to know what you told him' I let another tear slip. 'Be brave, Professor, be brave like my mother. Otherwise, you disgrace her. Otherwise, she died for nothing' I pictured my mother smiling in my head and it made me smile, she loved us. 'Otherwise the bowl will remain empty forever' I assumed Slughorn gave it to Harry because the door opened and closed 2 minutes later. I looked around and saw a sleeping Hagrid. I looked back at Fangs and sobbed covering my mouth. He groaned and cuddled into me. I drifted off still crying but holding onto Fangs.