Chapter 35

My heartbeat pounds in my ears as everyone looks around the Hall. Most were muttering the name "Harry Potter" but other were whispering something else.

"Who is Black?"

"There's no one with that name!"

"Harry Potter and Eva Black!" Dumbledore repeats, when neither of us move. I watch as Hermione pushes the black haired boy out of his seat, and towards the teachers table.

"Eva! Go up there!" Kala hisses into my ear.

"But-but that's not my name," I whisper, the terror still roaring through my body.

I feel like the world is spinning as I slowly stand up. Everyone's eyes were on either me or Harry, and the whispers grew louder. I try to ignore glares from both the students and the judges, while I follow Harry to where he disappeared seconds ago.

When I enter the small and refreshingly, quiet room, I find Fleur already speaking to Harry. Confusion and fear was written all over his face, and a similar look was probably shown on my face as well.

Nearly a second later, Beauxbatons' Headmistress, Dumbledore, Durmstrang's Headmaster, Crouch, and Bagman came bursting in; all arguing over one another.

"Dumblydore zou can not let zis happen-"

"Harry," he came up to the boy slowly, and asked in an even voice, "Did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?"

"No," the young boy's voice was surprisingly even, with not a hint of fear shining through.

"Did you ask an older student to do it for you?"

"No!" this time, Harry's anger came out. Everyone seemed to ignore me and broke out talking over one another, with even Fleur Delacour joining in.

"Silence!" yells the Durmstrang Headmaster. "What I want to know is who are you? Are you really a Black?"

I look at Dumbledore in the corner of my eye to see him give me the smallest nod. "I am a Black yes, but it is not my last name-"

"How can it not be your last name-"

"I don't use Sirius' last name, I use my mum's," I interrupt the Bulgarian man angrily. "And I didn't put my name in the Goblet of Fire. I have no desire join a stupid tournament that could kill me! Plus, I need to focus on my O.W.L.S this year-"

"You have to be," the low voice of Barty Crouch interrupts me, "Potter and Black have to be in the tournament. The Goblet is a binding magical contract that-"

The Professors and Headmasters break into arguments again. Moody- who I hadn't see come in- leads it by exchanging a lot of snark words with Headmaster Karkaroff.

While the older men and women throw threats around, Fleur comes up to me. "Are zou okay?"

"No. I don't want to be in this tournament," I sigh lightly while she gently pats my shoulder, before moving back a little. I notice how the older French girl hasn't offered Harry any kind words.

Before I can think more on Fleur, my thoughts are interrupted by Dumbledore. "Off to bed, all of you. I suppose you all need the rest."

As we all start to move back into the Great Hall, Cedric moved to talk to Harry while both Victor and Fleur give me weak smiles.

"Black." In the dark corner I see an unmistakable blonde Slytherin.

"Malfoy," I say cooly, "and my name isn't Black-"

"How are you a Black? I thought you were a Mudblood," his words are venomous but it as no effect on me.

I just shrugged and keep my sentences small, wanting to just go to my bed and sleep everything away. "I didn't know until last year, and I'm not just going to go around announcing I'm Sirius Black's daughter."

He stood there sizing me up for a minute before speaking again. "How'd you put your name in?"

"I didn't. Shouldn't it be obvious I didn't, I mean I would never use that name..." I trail off, now talking to myself more than Malfoy.

I didn't pay attention to him throwing me a questioning look. There were few people who knew about Sirius being my father: Remus, Tonks, Harry, Hermione, Kala, Luna, and three of the Weasley's. Surely none of them would ever...I shake my head, trying to get that ridiculous thought out of my head.

"G'night, Malfoy," I mutter, barely even looking at the Slytherin.

He scowls at my words as I practically run towards the Ravenclaw common room. I don't know what to expect when I get there, but I all I knew was I had to talk to Luna and Kala.

Second Year Ravenclaw's POV

We all cheer as Eva Jacks- I mean Black walks through the portrait. Finally, Ravenclaw is getting some recognition. The raven haired girl looks stunned at the common room full of cheering people.

"Good job Eva!" shouts an older Ravenclaw boy.

"Black you better win!" shouts another older Ravenclaw.

Next to me, my friend calls out, "How'd you do it Eva?"

"I didn't put my name in," she snaps quickly, her eyes scanning the room until her finds her two friends. Within seconds, Eva and her friends disappear from sight, climbing up the girl's stairs. Making a quick decision, I decide to follow the three.

"-I know but what if Harry put my name in too. He's one of the few people who knew about Sirius."

Her blonde friend responds, "Are you sure it was Harry?"

I'm unable to hear the rest of their conversation as their dorm room door slams behind them, but I had heard enough. Quickly, I run down the stairs giddily.

"Guys! Everyone!" I shout, making the room full of Ravenclaw's turn towards me. "I just heard Black say that Harry was the only one who knew she was truly a Black. That means Harry Potter put his name in the Goblet and put Eva's in too. Probably to get everyone off his back."

Everyone starts to gasp and whisper at my news. I couldn't believe that I was the one to find out about the betrayal of Harry Potter.