chapter 14

"Hey" I say, getting Steve's attention. We were on the bridge above the base.

"Now you want to open up?" Steve says, turning to me.

"Look, I didn't tell you cuz you wouldn't have believed me. I'm sorry, Steve, I really am. And if I told you that I kissed Bucky, I was afraid of what you were going to say" I silently gasped, as I realised what I had said.

"Bucky was your first kiss? He's the guy you liked? Y/N"

"Yes, he was. I really like him. And I was-"

"Scared?"

"Yes. No. Maybe, I don't know anymore." I say, covering my face with my hands.

"If you told me I would've believed you" Steve said, walking closer.

"You would have believed that your best friend, your brother, survived an impossible fall and ended up as a HYDRA assassin, probably the one thing you didn't want him to be? He didn't do it by choice, he was forced into it"

"If you told me, then yes, I would've believed you"

"Really? Be honest, Steve"

"I would've. You know why?" he said starting to shout.

"Why?" I say calmly but a little louder than usual.

"Because you're my sister and I trusted you! Trusted! Because I loved you! So much! You were the little sister I always wanted!" Steve yelled, scaring me.

I flinched. I stepped back a bit and covered my face again. His words took me aback and I started to tear up. I didn't know what to say but I knew that I didn't want to cry, not here, not now. I held back my tears and I continued the conversation.

"And you're the brother I always wanted, and got. I'm really sorry, I truly am. Steve, I love you too. I'm sorry" I say to him.

I do love him, as a brother, and I am really sorry. I just started crying quietly. I betrayed the one person I never wanted to, my family. I didn't have anything else to say so I got ready to leave but Steve came forward and hugged me? Why? I was horrible to him. I didn't deserve to be treated so kindly. I hugged him back anyway and cried on his shoulder. I fell to the ground, Steve still hugging me.

"I love you too" He said before he kissed my forehead sweetly.

I pulled back and wiped my tears away.

"Why?" I asked, still crying slightly.

"Because you're my sister" He replied, pushing a stray hair out of my face.

"We have to find Bucky and save him" I say, wiping away my remaining tears.

"Let's gear up. It's time." Steve said.

I could tell he was still angry, but not as much as before. Maybe I'm an empath. The earthbending could make me an empath, I think.

~~~~~

Me, Steve, Sam and Maria are in the room where Steve is going to give his big speech.

"Attention all S.H.I.E.L.D agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth" Steve paused for a moment before continuing "S.H.I.E.L.D is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The S.T.R.I.K.E and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury, and almost killed my best friend, Y/N. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And It's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not" Steve walked away from the mic and went to me and Sam.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asks, smirking. I chuckle.

~~~~~

"They're initiating launch" Maria said from her headset.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad" I reply.

Me and Steve jump from a high platform to lower down. When I get on my feet, I take off my shoes and run with Steve as fast as I can. People are shooting at us and the bullets stop in front of me as I fight bad guys, knocking a ton of them out.

"Hey, Y/N, found those bad guys you were talking about" Sam says through the earpiece.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm not dead yet" Sam replied.

"Yet?"

~~~~~

"Falcon, status?" Maria asks.

"Engaging" Sam replied.

"All right, Cap. I'm in" Sam said after a while.

"Oh, shit" I heard him whisper.

"You okay? what's happening?" I ask.

"I'm okay, got a quinjet after me"

"Okay, be careful"

"Got it" Sam says.

Me and Steve are still kicking ass when Maria spoke through the earpiece.

"8 minutes, guys"

"Working on it" Me and Steve say at the same time.

We head inside. Steve replaces one of the server blades of the carrier with our one, while I stand guard.

"Alpha lock" Steve says as we run to the next carrier.

"Falcon, where are you now?" Maria asked.

"I had to take a detour" I hear him shout.

"Bravo lock" He says.

"2 down, 1 to go" Maria says.

Bucky's coming.

"Charlie carrier is 45 degrees off the port bow. 6 minutes" Maria says as she kills 2 HYDRA agents.

"Hey, Sam, gonna need a ride"

"Roger. Let me know when you're ready. Y/N, I'll take you after" Sam replies.

"I just did" Steve said, leaving me to fight the bad guys that were chasing us.

Just when Steve gets in the carrier, I knock everyone out and I tell Sam I'm ready. He takes me to the carrier. When all three of us are together Sam starts.

"You know, you're a lot heavier than you look" He looks at Steve.

"I had a big breakfast" Steve replied and I chuckled.

Bucky comes out of nowhere and pushes Steve off the carrier and pushes me the other way. I run and am about to jump off the edge when Bucky grabs my waist and keeps me here, while he's fighting Sam.

"Cap! Cap, come in. Are you okay?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I'm here" Steve says panting "I'm still on the helicarrier. Where are you?"

"I'm grounded" Sam says, disappointingly.

"Y/N?" Steve asked me.

"Here. I'm with Bucky" I'm panting and I get up off the ground.