Chapter 36

I am hesitant to go to the Great Hall this morning, but I know I can't hide my face forever. As Kala, Luna, and I descend from the dorms, I get more cheers from a few Ravenclaw's. I've always wanted more recognition for Ravenclaw's, but I never wanted it this way.

I keep a steady conversation with the couple on the way down to breakfast, doing my best to ignore the obvious stares. As we are about to enter the Great Hall, Cedric pulls me away from the two. "Go on guys," I wave them off.

"I'm sorry about everything Eva," Cedric rambles quickly, "That was unfair of him to enter you, and I know you're friends with Laurie but...well, I think we should walk in together. Show to the two under appreciated houses together."

Before I could comprehend the older Hufflepuff's string of words, he whisks me into the Great Hall causing Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff to thunderly cheer for us. But over at the Gryffindor table the nastiest looks were being thrown my way. I snap my head away from their table quickly. I didn't have to worry about the Gryffindors if I didn't pay attention to them.

"Eva I think we have a problem-" starts Kala as I sit next to her, only to be interrupted by four angry Gryffindors.

"Blaming Harry like that is a low blow even for you, Black," Fred snarls in a tone I've never heard.

"You're really going to blame everything on him?" Angelina joins him. Behind the two stood a equally furious redhead and Lee, who looks almost sad.

"What are you all on about?" I snap back at them.

"Saying Harry had your name put in the Goblet of Fire!"

"I never said that!" I gasp, trying to recall my conversations from last night.

"Yeah right," Fred scoffs at me before walking away.

"I told you we have a problem, Kala frowns, "Someone must have overheard the first part of our conversation. They must have missed the part where you started laughing hysterically at how stupid it would be to blame Harry." I let my head fall on the table at her words, and groan. This was going to be a horrible year.

The Professors are now treating me differently. Flitwick and Sprout are holding me to a pedestal and praising every move I make. McGonagall is giving me a cold shoulder and Snape had actually praised me—it was one of the scariest moments of my life.

Flashback

" Miss Black, congratulations on being a Triwizard Tournament champion. Though from what I hear you only became one because Potter back stabbed you. I'm glad someone finally sees his true ways. But I find it funny that the Potter and Black offspring don't get along."

End Flashback

Though his praises didn't last long, and I ended losing thirty points after telling him to stop calling me- Miss Black- and to stop spreading false rumors. The other Professors could care less and after a lot of explaining and reasoning, Hagrid started to believe me. But even with my best efforts, Harry wouldn't believe a word I said, and even started his own rumor.

My heart skips a beat as I see the owl I sent my letter to Sirius with a few days ago. He hasn't written to me since we were last together, and each day he didn't respond, I started to panic a little more. I open the letter quickly and try not to be disappointed when I see it's from Tonks.

Eva,
Sorry I haven't been writing a lot lately. They're really stepping up things this year for Auror training, but nothing I can't handle. I heard you got into the Triwizard Tournament somehow. I know you don't want to be in it, but your a great witch so I'm certain you'll be brilliant. I talked to Remus the other day and he's furious. Keeps trying to get the Ministry officials to get you out of it.
With love, Tonks

The part about Remus makes a smile appear on my face as I write back before heading to the library.

"Hey Black," a Gryffindor calls to me as I make my way down the hall, "Is it true that your murder of a father prefers Potter over you? I mean the whole school is saying how he only broke out of Azkaban for Harry-"

"Where did you hear that?" I could my blood turn to ice.

"From Harry of course."

I whip around and start to run to the Gryffindor common room. It had taken me a while to try and get over my jealously of Harry and Sirius' relationship- and Harry had known that- but he still used my worst fears against me. Even though I don't know the password, it won't stop the pure rage pushing me towards Harry. After running up several flights of stairs I make it to the Fat Lady.

"You're not a Gryffindor," she states simply, glaring at my Ravenclaw tie.

"Where's-"

"Eva, what are you doing here?" I turn around to see the cold face of Angelina.

"I need to talk to Harry. Can I go in?"

"I don't know if that's a good idea-"

A first year swings the portrait open, and I take the opportunity to go in. Luckily for me, Harry is sitting on a couch with Hermione when I enter.

"That was too far Harry," my voice is shaking with anger.

"Oh hello Eva. Come to spread more lies about me?" his voice is cold and low, completely smooth unlike mine.

"I could say the same for you, and if you must know the story got twisted out of hand. I didn't say-"

"Oh save it Eva. We all know you said it. Couldn't stand being less important to Sirius than me?" His green eyes burn with satisfaction—he knew exactly how to get to me.

"Harry-" starts Hermione as stands up and I move closer, my insides boiling with rage.

"Oh get off your high horse Harry. Just because you sat in a crib when you were one, while your parents-"

"DON'T! Don't you dare talk about my parents!"

"You just said something about my family. Why can't I say the same?"

"Sirius is all I have you need to stop acting-"

"He's all I have too! I don't-"

"Oh that's right, I forgot. You don't have anyone," now both of us are shaking in anger, "A father who loves me more, best friends who prefer being alone without you, and the twins and Lee. Except, they hate you right now," He steps closer so only I can hear what he says next. "And Fred. Well, we all knew if he really fancied you back you two would be dating. I mean he fancied Angelina and asked her out right aw-"

My fist hurtles right into his nose making a sickening crunch. Everyone who had been observing our fight gasped. After a second of processing the pain, Harry pulls out his wand.

This chapter's a bit of a rollercoaster, and I hate that I made Harry like this but for the sake of the plot I have to.

Also, thank you all for the support I've gotten recently on this fic!