°Popcorn part 5°

'You should talk to her' Julian suggested, munching more popcorn in his mouth. He turned to Bailey, gesturing her towards Kaycees room upstairs.

'Um...maybe the person who made her mad should go check on her?' Bailey turned to Sean, observing his crossed arms, scowling face and tough demeanor.

'I made her mad? She made me mad' Sean scoffed, sitting closer to the side and turning away from his friends.

'I'll go talk to her' Jason stood up, dusting down his clothes from any spilled popcorn. Sean's ears perked upwards, glaring at Jason as he walked upstairs. 

'Kaycee?' He knocked lightly on her door, before letting himself in. 

'Please go away. I just need some time to myself' Kaycee sniffled, pushing her face into her pillow.

Jason shook his head, closing the door behind him as he sat down beside her legs. He placed one hand on her ankles, rubbing it softly. 'I didn't know you and Sean had a thing. You never told me that' he started, his heart aching at the thought.

'It wasn't really a thing. It was just a once off activity' she shrugged, sitting up straight and holding the pillow between her hands.

Jason cocked an eyebrow. 'Really?' He chuckled, scooting closer towards his girlfriend. 'Are you sure?' He questioned, sarcasm laced in his voice.

'Well, it doesn't even matter. He left for China, so I don't care' she huffed, a hint of sadness in her voice.

Silence fell upon them, the two trying to think of something to say as the silence pressed in on them. 'Do you still like him?'

'What?! Pfft...as if' Kaycee brushed him off,  but it was rather hard for Jason to believe her as her cheeks grew rosier and she fiddled with her fingers nervously.

Jason rose a brow, silently questioning her further but she only shook her head, denying his belief. 'Okay, I believe you' he sighed, looking down at her hair covered face.

The atmosphere in Kaycee's room had calmed and her usual smile was coming back into place,  but back downstairs it was only getting tenser as the friends questioned Sean.

'So what really happened?' Josh started, digging his hand into Julian's bowl of popcorn which somehow wasn't finsihed yet.

'Nothing. Nothing happened' Sean groaned, as he began feeling slightly embarrassed for his outburst.

'We're learning new things today. Might as well tell us' Bailey said nonchalantly.

Sean thought for a minute, resting his hand on the edge of the couch before he started speaking. 'Well...Kaycee and I sort of had a thing but not like officially. It was just like teasing and flirting, i guess' Sean blushed at the memory.

'So why are you guys like distant now? What happened?' Bailey asked softly.

'Um... we just-uh. I guess wrong time' Sean shrugged. It wasn't exactly a full lie. It was partially true.

Julian hummed in response, but Sean was seriously wondering if he was even listening as his eyes stayed glued othe popcorn.

'So then, what's the whole leaving for China thing?' Josh questioned.

A ragged breath fell from Sean's lips. He didn't even know where to start, all he knew was that it was one of the worst days of his life and thinking abiut it made him feel sick.

*Flashback*

'I need to ask you something' Sean started, the brunette enveloped in his arms as he swayed them side to side.