16

Maya's POV

Josh and I walked into the party hand in hand and it was definitely different since last time. Very different.

The strong smell of alcohol and weed, along with some other drugs I hadn't even heard of, hit us as we walked in.

I felt Josh's hand tighten around mine some more.

"Let's go through here." He led me out of the hallway and thought the living room. People were rounding bases all over the sofas and against walls; clearly people no longer needed a bed or privacy to be intimate.

We kept walking and reached the kitchen. There was a girl and boy laying practically naked on a work top and lots of others were doing body shots off of them.

I felt uncomfortable. I'm definitely for mature for my age but nowhere near this mature.

"Josh-"

"We can go." I smiled at him. He knew exactly what I was going to say.

We kept walking and went out the side door from the Kitchen that led into the side path that went around the houses by NYU.

"I'm sorry." I said not looking at him.

"Why are you sorry?" He asked looking at me as we walked along the path and back into the main garden area of the NYU campus. I still didn't look up at him.

"I don't know. Just you suggested coming here and I wanted to leave." I kept walking.

"We didn't even need to come in the first place. To be honest, I'm not a party guy but I just thought we'd blend in as a normal couple and nobody would care there's an age difference between us, we'd just be us."

"You're the best, you know that right?" I stopped and looked up at him.

"Says you." He smiled and leaned down to kiss me. Everything was going well until someone decided to go whistle at us. "C'mon." He held my hand and started running causing me too as well and I chuckled.

We stopped in a hallway I recognised. The hallways with his dorm room in.

What if he expected me from something?

"Close your eyes." He said, I did. He then opened the door and I panicked so opened my eyes.

"Josh-" I stopped talking when I saw his dorm mate on top of a girl lying naked, but thankfully the duvet covered what they were actually doing. Everything went black as Josh covered my eyes with his hands.

"Right you two, get dressed, I have company." I chuckled at him.

"Yeah, yeah fine." Drew said, "bye baby I'll call you tomorrow." I then heard the door open the shut.

Josh then uncovered my eyes. The clothes that were on the floor were no longer there and Drew was stood wearing grey sweat pants but was still shirtless.

"Wait, Maya?" Drew questioned obviously remembering me from when I snuck out to see Josh.

"Yeah, hi."

"Josh, took you long enough to ask her out." He smirked at Josh, "so do you want me to leave-"

"No. You can stay." I said interrupting him causing Josh to give me a weird look.

"Okay." Drew said as he hopped onto his bed and turned on the tiny TV that was sat on a unit across from both their beds.

"Wow Drew, didn't take you as a Friends kinda guy." I said half chuckling at his TV show choice.

"What can I say? I'm a man of simple choice." He joked and started fully paying attention to the episode.

"Maya, " Josh took my hand and guided me to sit on his bed next to him, "are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You just got a little weird."

"Maybe I gotta a little weird being alone in your dorm." I admitted by whispering.

He stood up and reached out to take my hand.

"Bye Drew." Josh said as we walked out the room and Drew just nodded. "I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." He said as we stepped outside into the cold air.

"I know. Just," I sighed, "being in a dorm room seems more intimate than a hotel room. You'd never pressure me, I do know that, but the whole sex thing terrifies me."

"Can I ask why?" His grip on my hand tightened a little and he used his thumb to rub my hand.

"Sex has so many emotions attached to it. Commitment kind of scares me because the only person I've ever really relied on is Riley, she's technically the only person that's been constant in my life."

"I want to be a constant in your life. I'm related to her if it helps." I smiled at him.

"I really like you."

"I really like you too gorgeous." He smiled and kissed me. "Come on, let's get you home."