[46]

"Yo guys, look at her, she's looking around like all of this is a zoo exhibit

"Yo guys, look at her, she's looking around like all of this is a zoo exhibit."

Chenle's comment triggered all of their heads to turn towards the short girl, who's face you could barely see, but you could definitely notice how huge her eyes had gotten. She was looking at everything from the stores, to the people, to the random stands and escalators.

"Have you never been in a shopping center?" Jaemin asked amused, nudging her in the side. 

"Huh? No, not at all! At least not like this." Soomin's words were mushing into almost incoherent sentences because of her fascination and mask. "Usually I would shop online, get my clothes handmade or go to one-floor galleries with like 2 people there."

"No need to brag that you're filthy rich." Renjun rolled his eyes. 

"What, when was I- okay." Soomin sighed, defenseless against his argument.

"Whatever, whatever kids, Taeyong told us not to be out for too long so let's just get this over with." Mark commanded, obviously very alerted by the masses of people.

"Can we stop by the gaming store? Chenle and I finally saved up enough for a PS4 and some games." Jisung asked, eyes sparking in excitement.

"I have some stuff to do as well. Meet back here in an hour and a half?" Jeno asked as the group stood to a halt right beside a small fountain. 

"Alright." Mark said, but before he left like the rest of the group, he turned to Donghyuck who seemed very uninterested with the entire situation. "You're taking Soomin around."

"Me? Why me?" Donghyuck retorted, pretending to be surprised. 

"You don't have anything else to do anyways, so why not?"
"But she's gonna keep asking me about how she looks."
"So?"
"I'll have to answer the 'am I fat' question a lot."

"Stop over-thinking this, it's not like she's your girlfriend or anything." Mark rolled his eyes.

Donghyuck's heart skipped a beat, the mention of the word 'girlfriend' injecting him with mixed emotions. It made him think of both Soomin and Yuna, stomach clenching and exploding with butterflies at the same time.

Mark obviously noticed that, but he wasn't the kind to push so he just tapped the younger on the shoulder. "Just keep her safe, alright? You know her the best out of anyone." 

Donghyuck just scoffed, only being able to send Mark one last glare before he disappeared into the crowd. With a sigh, the boy then turned around as he began to speak.

"Yeah so just listen to- Soomin? Where the fuck did you go?!?!"

The two were walking down the densely populated shopping center alley. Donghyuck was holding quite a few bags, all of different brands and sizes that took up his entire lower arms, but that didn't seem to give him much trouble. The girl trailing behind him on the other hand was whining about the few that he had actually made them hold.

"Hyuck, wait for me!" She yelled out forcing a few heads to turn.

He stopped, waiting for her before continuing at the exact same pace.

Soomin was looking around whilst literally running to be able to keep up with the boy and spotted a boba stand in the middle of the alley. Suddenly craving it, she ran up to Donghyuck and pulled on his sleeve.

"What?" He groaned, stopping and facing her once again.

"Can we get some boba?" Soomin asked, clasping her hands together in a plea.

"Why? We're about to eat."
"Just because. I haven't had it in a long time you know." 
"And where'd you get the idea that I'd care?"

The girl raised an eyebrow, surprised by his rudeness. "Oh?" She then lowered her voice, getting on her tip-toes to get closer to his ear. "Do you want all of these people to know that I'm actually the kidnapped girl? I can always set up a scenario and ask some woman for help in the bathroom. Then it's over for you."

Donghyuck's face had clearly gotten a little paler after that, and Soomin smiled as he let out a helpless sigh. 

"Fine, which flavor do you want?"

But before they could even take a step towards the stand, a nasally, over-confident sounding voice cut through the air forcing them both to a stop. "Donghyuck?"

All the muscles in the boy's body tensed just at the mention of his name. He remembered that voice well, too well, his thoughts wandering back to a place where he would never want to find himself in again. 

Soomin was quick to pick up on Donghyuck's discomfort, confused and worried eyes moving towards the individual taking confident strolls in their direction.

"So it is you!" His voice boomed over the crowd, speaking way too loudly for anyone's liking. "It's been a while!"

"Yes, it has." Donghyuck growled out, and he took a step forward as well, shielding the clueless girl behind him. He didn't want to get her involved.

The newcomer immediately noticed that, tilting his head to get a good look on the stranger. "Oh? Who's that?"

"None of your business." Donghyuck was still on alert, his voice becoming low and intimidating.

"Aw, come on man. Don't be like that." The other male chuckled. "We used to be good friends after all."

"Good that you acknowledge that our friendship was in the past." 

"You're no fun.' The other pouted his lips, before his gaze turned back to Soomin. "Hello stranger, my name is Jung Woojin. Donghyuck and I used to be close friends in high school."  He smiled, close to perfectly white teeth reflecting the artificial lights around them.

Everything about him was too friendly, making it feel fake. Soomin scanned him with her eyes, his expensive looking outfit immediately catching her attention. He was carrying a Gucci bag in hand and she could see the golden Rolex on his wrist. This man was most definitely rich.

Deciding not to react, Soomin remained quiet. 

"That's how it is, I see. You two mutes are perfect for each other." Woojin frowned whilst nodding, the disgust showing on his face. "Oh right, how is that little girlfriend of yours?"

Donghyuck's mind went absolutely blank. He couldn't believe that Woojin had become such trash that he would bring up something that hurt him so dearly. Something that he watched happen, he had watched Donghyuck break down and become numb.

But he didn't care.

His reflexes now feeling like second nature, he didn't think as he took a quick step forward, aggression written all over his face. And Soomin could do nothing to prevent it from happening, and could only scowl as she saw his trembling fist begin raising, aiming to collide with Woojin's jaw.

Yet before that could happen, something, rather someone, grabbed him by the elbow.

R they gonna get kicked out or no?