Chapter 12

Johnny was acting like a dick and he knew it. He was doing it on purpose.

Why?

Because Jaehwa looked really damn good that night.

It was his defensive mechanism, his way of keeping his hands away from her. Plus, Johnny was certain that the girl wasn't the least bit attracted to him, only being nice as a sign of gratitude for helping her try to free Jaehyun.

Yet Johnny could help but glance at the girl every time they came to a red light.

Johnny liked how Jaehwa wasn't trashy. She wore clothes that showed that she wasn't there to find someone to sleep with that night, but rather to have fun with her friends.

And by friends, she definitely means gang members.

Was Johnny intimidated by the fact that he was about to join a bunch of Vipers at a club? Yes.

But knowing that Jaehwa was with him eased his nerves.

I mean if she's the leader's sister and I'm her friend, I should be good, right?

"Oh." Jaehwa said breaking the silence. "I didn't tell my friends that you're you know..."

"A detective?" Johnny said, finishing her thought. Jaehwa nodded.

"No worries, I think it's better if they didn't know." Johnny responded.

They soon arrived and Johnny parked his car. There was a long line up outside, surprising Johnny.

"Are we going to be able to get in?" Johnny asked.

Jaehwa smiled as she took his arm, pulling him away. "Of course."

Jaehwa brought him over to the side entrance, where a security guard was standing. The guards face immediately brightened up as he caught sight of the two.

"Your highness." The guard said with a bow.

"Yah, stop it. You're embarrassing me." Jaehwa said, smacking the guard's arm.

They must know each other.

The security guard chuckled. "I mean, you're the Viper Queen, what else am I supposed to say?"

"I'm really not. Just because Jaehyun's King..." Jaehwa's voice trailed off after mentioning her brother.

The security guard quickly caught on. "I'm sorry Jaehwa. But I see that for the first time since we've met, you brought someone along with you."

"Ah." Jaehwa said, her cheeks immediately turning red. Cute. "This is my friend, Johnny."

"Nice to meet you." The guard said as Johnny gave him a quick smile and wave. "Well, they're waiting for you in the usual room."

"Thanks." Jaehwa said, tugging on Johnny's arm.

"Come on, let's go inside."

...

Jaehwa wasn't the least bit surprised when all eyes turned to Johnny as they entered the private room of the club.

The Vipers were frequent visiters, the club being owned by one of Sooyoung's friends. That's why they were able to get special privileges such as side entry and their own room.

"Jaehwa!" Sooyoung exclaimed, getting out of her seat to hug the girl before whispering in her ear. "He's hot, I approve."

Ignoring Sooyoung's comment, Jaehwa proceeded to introduce Johnny to the few Vipers inside as most were already downstairs at the bar and dance floor.