four

c h a p t e r  4

c h a p t e r 4

-

IN ALL HER time with Gun, Crystal could not recall a single time where someone had managed to break his powerful grip. And a small teenage girl at that? So many things were strange about her. Where did she come from? Every encounter they've had so far, Y/N had surprised her with something new.

"You..." Gun narrowed his eyes, though you couldn't really tell through his sunglasses. "So you ain't the usual spoiled brat, eh? Interesting..."

Without any warning, Gun's leg raised up an at incredible velocity and angle. Daniel, who stood next to Y/N, foresaw the attack coming and prepped his body to block Y/N. Is he really—?! I can't let Y/N get hurt—!!

Thought his reaction speed was impressively fast, Gun switched his angle of approach last second so that the kick directly hit in between the teen boy's shoulder.

He fell on impact and clutched his injured spot. Still, he was glad Y/N didn't get hurt.

"Woah," The girl's unaffected face said otherwise. "That was a little rude, don't you think? Attacking someone so recklessly like that." She looked at Crystal with a small pout, "Your friend is a bit violent. I'm not sure what to make of his first impression."

Gun was perplexed, yet amused. He lifted his sunglasses slightly above his eyes, peering down at Y/N. "You..you're pretty strong, aren't you?" Judging by how she wasn't the least bit affected from his sudden attack made it clear. Either she had no sense of danger or she was a skilled fighter. He opted for the latter.

Shrugging, she replied vaguely, "Depends on your standard of strong. Do you want to test that out?" She teased at the end.

Gun didn't say anything for a brief moment, then proceeded to break into a fit of laughter, covering half his face as he threw his head back. "...I like you. You've got guts!" Throughout his life, he had met and fought all kinds of people. He never thought he'd end up sparring against someone so fragile looking. Rolling up a sleeve ambitiously, Gun grinned, "Maybe I do want to test that out—"

"Just a second!" Crystal blurted frantically. "Gun! He said to only keep watch. You don't need to.."

"Hey glasses." A muscular, tattooed man entered the scene, two chocolate milk cartons clutched in the palm of his hand. "I saw everything..you punk."

"V-Vasco?" Daniel shrunk back meekly in confusion.

"Phew..who are you? His friend?" Gun uninterestedly landed his eyes on the tattooed man.